1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Another shooting -- this time in Tillamook...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by timbernet, Jan 12, 2010.

1. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

There seems to be more of them recently.... OR the media seems to be reporting them more often... :paranoid:
  2. hsullyc

hsullyc North coast,Nehalem,OR Member

3. doobee8

doobee8 Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

They have two seasons according to social service and a law enforcement buddy of mine out on THE COAST:

1. Fishing Season

2. Wife Beating Season - (this murder was committed after the man beat his wife)
  4. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

A North Oregon Coast man was murdered late Monday night and Tillamook County Sheriff’s deputies arrested a suspect. The 48-year old victim was killed at a residence in Garibaldi, a small fishing village just north of Tillamook. Forty-eight year old Ronald Dale Lunsford turned himself in after he also allegedly assaulted his wife. He was charged with Aggravated Murder and Assault IV. She was treated and released at a local hospital.

5. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

He beat up his wife, then shot and killed his "best friend" who lived in
    a trailer on the same property.

Just guessing, but I'll bet the wife and the "best friend" were a little
    friendlier than was acceptable.

Sucks that he used a gun, guess he didn't play golf.
  6. qtpy0713

qtpy0713 John Day, Oregon New Member

I happen to know the family of the man who was murdered and before you go and assume that there was something fishy going on with him and the wife of the other man get your facts straight. First of all they were not "best friends" and No one really knows why this happened except for the man that did it and it is a very sad thing for all parties involved. Just because some media personnel reported that this was a crime of passion does not make it so!!!! My mother taught me a long time ago that you should never assume anything, that you should believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see and repeat none of it.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  7. redclk430

redclk430 Portland, OR New Member

As the economy gets worse, crime goes up. Oddly enough it seems to be the natural way of things.