Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Another shooting in NY

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Karma, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Karma

Karma the woods in Oregon Active Member

Just saw on the news that someone is shooting firefighters as they arrive to put out a house fire.

2. Kelzebubba

Kelzebubba Fort Worth, TX/USA Public Outhouse Active Member

That's creative. It is akin to that school shooting in Arkansas right after Colombine where those boys used the deer rifles to shoot people as they exited after pulling the fire alarms.

3. Mrand55

Mrand55 Salem Member

Not to seem insensitive as a feel for the families of the victims, but let's be honest a month ago this would probably barely make the ticker on Yahoo's front page. Shootings happen every day, it's just fitting the agenda for every one to be front page news. Also, doesn't NY have some of the strictest gun control laws in the country?

4. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

So Bloom head will definitely be taking the guns from New Yorkers now.
    Wonder if he stood on the dead firefighters for his gun control speech like he did on the dead children after Newtown

5. Kelzebubba

Kelzebubba Fort Worth, TX/USA Public Outhouse Active Member

I thought it was already illegal to own a gun in NYC. Not to be insensitve, but these killing yourself after the fact seems to be reminiscent of some really bad spy movies. What little bit of my soul that isn't tarnished by darkness goes out to the families of the victims.

6. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

Upstate New York is not NYC. I have several friends in rural upstate New York that own multiple guns. NYC is a whole different story.

7. dude young

dude young SE PDX Active Member

I wonder how many people ignored the warning signs and pleas for help this guy put out over the last few months. I am going to guess that if we look at his Facebook/Twitter/MySpace... we are going to see crystal clear in HS 20/20.

It's the holiday season, all, please, for everyone's sake, if you know of a friend, family member, or perfect stranger that you think, for a second, my be slipping down the slippery slope of depression and mental illness, reach out to them.

My heart and thoughts go out to the families of these heroes. I remember as a kid, every time the siren went off and we watched five of our fathers race to answer the call, pausing to pray to the gods that they would all come back. I could never have imagined this would be the reason some did not.

8. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

You nailed it. Mental case and felon!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/26/n...s-left-chilling-note.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0