JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think it is really interesting that 3 month prior to an election that we all of a sudden have a bunch of shooting, today in Baltimore, NYC, Colorodo, etc. I am starting to think this can help the lefts agenda in the election and Gun Control, or is it just a coincidence.........

I am betting the number of shootings this year is not that much higher than last year, but with the Colorado shooting and it being an election year they are just getting more media attention. That's just my opinion though.

Your right and wrong, actual person against person is less last year, but mass shootings are up this year, and your right, the media is loving the coverage and the right to bust on the second amendment. I feel its funny they hide behind the first amendment, but they don't with the 2nd. Love that they love the consitution for what it can do for them.

+1 on that one Atroxus. Take the whole pie, not just a tiny slice you feel comfortable with .. that is for sure. I am just happy the Constitution doesn't give the OK for child rape, human sacrifice, slavery, genocide and murder LOL. :s0114::s0114::s0114:

+1 on that one Atroxus. Take the whole pie, not just a tiny slice you feel comfortable with .. that is for sure. I am just happy the Constitution doesn't give the OK for child rape, human sacrifice, slavery, genocide and murder LOL. :s0114::s0114::s0114:
But the Bible does say protecting yourself and family with force is OK, and anti-gun nuts skip over that too.

"We just have to be repetitive about this. It's not enough to have a catchy ad on a Monday and then only do it every Monday. We have to do this every day of the week and just really brainwash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way." Eric Holder, 1995, as US Attorney

There are something like 25 murders EVERY DAY that are committed with a firearm in this country.
Hardly any of those are covered by national media.

What gets covered are shootings that are unusual, like kids shooting a classmate at school in Baltimore, or murders that look like they might scare people.

Those are the stories people want to read about and happily for the media (Fox included) also tend to make the sheep frightened of the eeeevul gunzz.

It's our job to educate everyone we know; co-workers, relatives, neighbors about the facts. If I can take my ultra-liberal mother-in-law who is uncomfotable around guns and still a little frightened of them, and get her to call BS on a shooting story because she knows enough about guns to know the story wasn't physically possible, you can educate ANYONE.

Remember, every time someone learns the truth about crime statistics, crime rates and guns, Sarah Brady cries.

It is all about education. Guns are an inadimit object. Like I always said, thugs and bad people may have a gun, but they can't shoot them straight. Training and knowledge are what keeps us up on the anti 2nd amend folks. Two things that are important for people to know is the Bible and how to handle a gun safely, both now allowed in schools, for shame folks, and its our fault, it was a fight that we let them win.

I think it is really interesting that 3 month prior to an election that we all of a sudden have a bunch of shooting, today in Baltimore, NYC, Colorodo, etc. I am starting to think this can help the lefts agenda in the election and Gun Control, or is it just a coincidence.........

This is a gun forum, you are allowed to call a "leftist conspiracy" out right :)

It is all about education. Guns are an inadimit object. Like I always said, thugs and bad people may have a gun, but they can't shoot them straight. Training and knowledge are what keeps us up on the anti 2nd amend folks. Two things that are important for people to know is the Bible and how to handle a gun safely, both now allowed in schools, for shame folks, and its our fault, it was a fight that we let them win.

In many cases you can't fix certain prejudices with education. Gays, Muslims, Guns, Blacks, Asians, Jews, Guns, Commies, Lefties, T-Partiers to name a few. I have some too, and I constantly have to remind myself to be objective, neutral and fair :)

It is all about education. Two things that are important for people to know is the Bible and how to handle a gun safely, both now allowed in schools, for shame folks, and its our fault, it was a fight that we let them win.

WTF does the bible have to do with gun rights? (And I'm assuming you meant NOT allowed in schools).

This post fails BADLY in that you just left everyone who isn't a fundamentalist Christian out of the fight for gun rights. GJ, you just eliminated 75%+ of the population. That strategy LOSES us rights.

The fight is about our 2A rights. that's its very own issue. And every time gun people try to equate it or include with it some other ideology or partisan political position, we lose.

This is basic civil rights on a particular issue. Keep everything else out of it. If you try to approach the vast majority of Americans with the notion that you are only pro-2A if you also think we should be teaching your particular flavor of one religious book in schools, you've just done active damage to the movement.

I'm sure there are plenty of religious forums on which you can agree with everyone. This is a gun forum. Let's try to keep it on point, shall we?

WTF does the bible have to do with gun rights? (And I'm assuming you meant NOT allowed in schools).

This post fails BADLY in that you just left everyone who isn't a fundamentalist Christian out of the fight for gun rights. GJ, you just eliminated 75%+ of the population. That strategy LOSES us rights.

The fight is about our 2A rights. that's its very own issue. And every time gun people try to equate it or include with it some other ideology or partisan political position, we lose.

This is basic civil rights on a particular issue. Keep everything else out of it. If you try to approach the vast majority of Americans with the notion that you are only pro-2A if you also think we should be teaching your particular flavor of one religious book in schools, you've just done active damage to the movement.

I'm sure there are plenty of religious forums on which you can agree with everyone. This is a gun forum. Let's try to keep it on point, shall we?

You took it the wrong way Mr Bill, all i was saying, is just like the bible, guns are not allowed to even be mentioned in school. Most of us are God fearing people that own guns, and i am not throwing religion in, I am just making a point of how guns and the Bible are so feared by the outreaching left. Nothing else even comes close to the crap you get for saying those 2 words in a public setting now.
Further more, I would never call the 2nd amendment a "movement". That sounds like we are a bunch of extremist making a point. I would say we are upholders or basic rights that our 4 fathers gave use.

WTF does the bible have to do with gun rights?

Some of us believe that our gun rights are God given rights.

The Declaration of Independence
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator (God to some of us)with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.....

We who believe should be able to say that we believe that our 2nd Amendment rights are God given.
You don't have to believe it.
You certainly don't need to shoot us down just because we say it either.
We do not complain about you saying you don't believe it.

A statement about ones faith or lack thereof does not turn into a religious debate until it is made into one.

I believe owning firearms is my God given right. What soooo bad about us saying that?

You took it the wrong way Mr Bill, all i was saying, is just like the bible, guns are not allowed to even be mentioned in school. Most of us are God fearing people that own guns, and i am not throwing religion in, I am just making a point of how guns and the Bible are so feared by the outreaching left. Nothing else even comes close to the crap you get for saying those 2 words in a public setting now.
Further more, I would never call the 2nd amendment a "movement". That sounds like we are a bunch of extremist making a point. I would say we are upholders or basic rights that our 4 fathers gave use.

No worries. I saw the two things in the same sentence and misunderstood what you meant. -Bill

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top