JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A situation like this, and I just as soon keep my comment to myself. Any, if at all comment(s) add nothing constructive, aside from spawned negativity of hearsay.

It's very local, here. Friend of mine knows the family.

When you pick up a firearm, even if you just cleared it and put it down for a moment, you clear it again. Even if you see someone clear it before they hand it to you, you clear it yourself. Even if you and everyone you know or have ever known have never, ever, ever, put a firearm away without unloading it, when you pick it up, you clear it.

You will learn the value of that rule the first time you see a live round eject from the gun you were sure and certain was unloaded.

Once you have that part down, then we'll move on to not pointing a gun at any living thing, including yourself, unless you intend shooting it.

What part of 'lethal weapon' do some folks not understand?

Makes you wonder how many lives they'd save by banning or restricting selfies...
"If even one life is saved, common sense camera controls will be worth it!"

We can start with some "common sense" restrictions;
-Ban "high capacity" memory cards
-Ban cameras/phones that can take more than one photo per button push
-Ban handles or things that go up.
-create "No Camera Zones"
-Add several layers of Federal and State agencies to ensure compliance and control of licensing of camera sellers, buyers and users.

Last Edited:
I get the distinct impression that this is the kind of guy who could achieve the same result with a bow and arrow.....

tac
You mean like...compound bow...put an arrow in, hold bow with hands, feet to pull, while taking a pic of the broadhead down the shaft? Makes me wonder. :eek:

I would never put a gun to my head and pull the trigger, even if I checked it ten times. Just something that I was taught ever since I was a kid, the weapon is always loaded.

Makes you wonder how many lives they'd save by banning or restricting selfies...
"If even one life is saved, common sense camera controls will be worth it!"

We can start with some "common sense" restrictions;
-Ban "high capacity" memory cards
-Ban cameras/phones that can take more than one photo per button push
-Ban handles or things that go up.
-create "No Camera Zones"
-Add several layers of Federal and State agencies to ensure compliance and control of licensing of camera sellers, buyers and users.
You're thinking too small. Ban stupidity and poverty. :rolleyes:

Here is a question for all of us.........I like collecting "rare" and "unfired" guns. Some are revolvers. When the seller hands you the gun to look at common sense and years of training tell us to make sure that the gun is unloaded. If I pick up lets say a 30yo Colt Python that is NIB and pull the hammer back to release the cylinder to see if it is empty I think the owner will be very unhappy? How do we deal safely with this situation?

Here is a question for all of us.........I like collecting "rare" and "unfired" guns. Some are revolvers. When the seller hands you the gun to look at common sense and years of training tell us to make sure that the gun is unloaded. If I pick up lets say a 30yo Colt Python that is NIB and pull the hammer back to release the cylinder to see if it is empty I think the owner will be very unhappy? How do we deal safely with this situation?
There is a way to check a muzzle loader that might work with the Python. You take a ramrod or other stick that will fit all the way down the barrel and hold it next to the gun, along the barrel. Hold it so that the end of the rod is where it will meet the back of the chamber when inserted. Grip the muzzle end of the rod at the muzzle. Now when you insert the rod into the barrel, if it stops before your fingers hit the muzzle, there is something in there.

You mean like...compound bow...put an arrow in, hold bow with hands, feet to pull, while taking a pic of the broadhead down the shaft? Makes me wonder. :eek:

Well, it seems that it CAN be done, and with more than one shot, too. A few years back a distraught young lady called 911 from their sprawling home in Beverly Hills to report that her husband had killed himself by shooting himself in the back three times with a convenient crossbow, then tying his hands and feet together and throwing himself in the family swimming pool just to make sure.

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths that some folk will go to to end their miserable lives...

tac

When I first read this story , I'll admit the first thought through my mind was "What an idiot".

That being thought / typed / said , we need to remember that as pointed out in a earlier post , it could be a local family.
Or that family may be able to read our posts and comments.
I'm sure that the last thing they want to read or hear is strangers saying just how dumb we think the victim was.

If we look back on our lives , I'm sure that many of us have made a poor choice a time or two and been damn lucky to have come away alive or unharmed.
Myself included.

I am not pointing any fingers at anyone and I am guilty of the negative thoughts / posts as well.
Just saying be careful with what you say / type you could be hurting someone , when they are down.
Andy

Last Edited:
And this is why I don't take selfies. Especially not with a gun pointed at my head. But people gonna do what people gonna do.

Even if the safety rules exist, which they do for a reason.

All you need to do is push the cylinder latch and carefully swing out the cylinder.
No need to cock the hammer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads