JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't agree. I think they want them stopped, but don't have a 'politically correct' way to do it. It has reached such a level in cities like Chicago that it will take Marshal Law to round em all up and lock them away for awhile. The elected officials don't want to admit that they let it get this far out of control so they just look the other way and let it continue.

I don't agree. I think they want them stopped, but don't have a 'politically correct' way to do it. It has reached such a level in cities like Chicago that it will take Marshal Law to round em all up and lock them away for awhile. The elected officials don't want to admit that they let it get this far out of control so they just look the other way and let it continue.

From the inside...it is not profitable to actually intervene and reduce the gang wars. Just like the phony "War on Drugs". As long as it rages, LE gets lots of federal money and really cool toys. Also, the libs (Rahm Emanuel et. al) have lots of excuses and political correctness to shield them. Tough enforcement is not politically correct (especially now!) Enforcement does not coincide with the narrative. But there is the "Brother's Keepers" program initiated by the Imam-in-Chief. That and the quality schools in the inner cities should fix things right up.

The Original Poster should probably change the Title to this (Subject line) as it is not a school shooting at all. It is 100% gang related and only ended at or near a school.
Just my :s0159:

Many people are not single issue voters. As for the women I know, they're gun owners & enjoy the sport but do not vote Republican because that is the party that wants to take away their reproductive rights away (birth control, access to abortion, etc). I know many LGBT people who are gun owners -- they too don't vote Republican. There is only two ways to remedy this; and rest assured that one or the other WILL have to happen or in twenty years we won't have the 2A. The Republican party alone can not nor should carry the burden of protecting our 2A.

• The protection of the 2A needs to be a bipartisan issue. I've encouraged many of my liberal friends to reach out to their state representatives about gun issues. As more and more Democrats speak out against "assault weapon" bans, carrying capacity restrictions, etc, politicians will understand the foolishness of their proposals.
  • The Republican party changes its ideology a bit: more inclusive of the LGBT community, more welcoming to minorities, and pro women choice.
As a personal note, the Republican party will have my vote immediately (because I'm fiscally conservative but socially liberal) once they do the aforementioned things. In the meantime, the best I can do is:

• Educate my community of family and friends about firearm safety & sport
  • Write letters (snail mail), e-mail, and call all of my state representatives
  • Get my community of people to do the same
It is not up to a political party to defend a right. It is up to the citizens to defend their own rights. When the Declaration, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights was written, there were no Democrats or Republicans. If politicians of either stripe start talking about diminishing rights, such as freedom of speech, freedom to assemble, freedom to worship as individuals see fit unto their own beliefs, or the right to keep & bear arms, then it is time to run them out of office.

Many people are not single issue voters. As for the women I know, they're gun owners & enjoy the sport but do not vote Republican because that is the party that wants to take away their reproductive rights away (birth control, access to abortion, etc). I know many LGBT people who are gun owners -- they too don't vote Republican. There is only two ways to remedy this; and rest assured that one or the other WILL have to happen or in twenty years we won't have the 2A. The Republican party alone can not nor should carry the burden of protecting our 2A.

• The protection of the 2A needs to be a bipartisan issue. I've encouraged many of my liberal friends to reach out to their state representatives about gun issues. As more and more Democrats speak out against "assault weapon" bans, carrying capacity restrictions, etc, politicians will understand the foolishness of their proposals.
  • The Republican party changes its ideology a bit: more inclusive of the LGBT community, more welcoming to minorities, and pro women choice.
As a personal note, the Republican party will have my vote immediately (because I'm fiscally conservative but socially liberal) once they do the aforementioned things. In the meantime, the best I can do is:

• Educate my community of family and friends about firearm safety & sport
  • Write letters (snail mail), e-mail, and call all of my state representatives
  • Get my community of people to do the same
Many of us here are not single issue voters either. Gay community issues are largely blown out of proportion. fact is, most of us really don't care what they do, but we are also strong in the belief that we don't want it crammed down our throats, nor pushed on our children. But back to gun rights issues. As I've said in another thread, it's not just about voting, it's also about interacting with your elected officials. Last year, many of the democrats did not hear anything at all from their constituents advocating gun owner rights. As a result, they could claim that they heard nothing on the 2A support side from their constituents. If you want to make an impact on a particular issue, you need to contact your reps. From the liberal ones that I've contacted, their staffers were absolutely shocked that someone had an opposing opinion. You have to call and write, and continue to do so, to make yourself heard. Implore your friends to do the same. Our form of government is a representative republic, so make sure your voice is represented.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top