JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just another day in the NE.
We saw the helo's and heard all the ruckus but didn't turn on the scanner to see what was going on.
We used to but it's always the same thing, gang related. Almost don't even notice anymore.
Though they are handy to have so you know if they are chasing them in your area. Which they have a few times.

The likes of Bloomberg explains it as the guns from the red states make their way to their poor urban areas, so we're to blame. He campaigned in the Virginias and elsewhere, unsuccessfully, for major gun control. Now he's taking his road show across the country. The problem is, the drug cartels and other derelicts are the ones who will be supplying black market firearms to these poor urban areas. Shut down every legal gun dealer in the country, ban or confiscate guns from the law abiding citizens, and we're going to have all of Mexicos' associated violence in spades. The liberals just don't get it.

Unfortunately, this is not just a radical right-wing blog. This is really happening.

Unfortunately, this is not just a radical right-wing blog. This is really happening.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...uins-found-texas-billboards-article-1.1804509

"Plato o plomo" (silver or lead) read one giant missive in Spanish along Interstate 10. In Mexico, the phrase is commonly used by cartel members to mean pay a bribe or get a bullet. A mannequin dressed in a suit and tie was hung by the neck at the bottom of the billboard, danging over commuters.
vandalizedbillboard-273509.jpg

Must edit title..

Needs to say "Gang affiliated shooting in Portland"

Where are all the protesters with the "Black Lives Matter" signs? I guess it's o.k. since it's Black on Black violence. :rolleyes:

So just curious (honestly)..... "pro-2A liberals" keep voting for, and re-electing the likes of Ginny Burdick, Tina Kotek, Floyd Prozanskie, and John Kitzhaber who are less than subtly (if not) virulently anti-2A and that helps make it a bipartisan issue how, exactly?

o_O

Where are all the protesters with the "Black Lives Matter" signs? I guess it's o.k. since it's Black on Black violence. :rolleyes:
I really don't mean to be argumentative friend....but the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution is not an "issue." It is an inalienable right protected by law. The Second Amendment has withstood the test of time and innumerable attempts to interpret it away but repeatedly up-held by our (now teetering) Supreme Court. If you are indeed a "liberal" and "attempting" to support preservation of your right to Keep And Bear, please, by all means actively pursue you cronies who command the Oregon legislature, to stop trying to terminate it. Please feel free to join Oregon Firearms Federation. "Slowly but surely" may be deadly.

Not all "liberals" are anti-gun. Many of us are, in fact, slowly but surely attempting to make the 2A a bipartisan issue.

The problem is that liberals simply won't vote for pro-gun candidates - why? Because you simply can't find a true pro-gun candidate among the liberal politicians - and they won't vote outside their own party. The liberals in this state want, as evidenced by their voting records and proposed legislation, to have MORE government control, MORE incursion into our lives and MORE restriction of our personal rights. You may be a liberal who supports the 2A, but unless you're voting for pro-gun candidates, you're doing more to harm our rights than help them. This last election has put liberals in full control of our state - and when our rights are taken away, you'll only have your fellow liberals to blame.

Many people are not single issue voters. As for the women I know, they're gun owners & enjoy the sport but do not vote Republican because that is the party that wants to take away their reproductive rights away (birth control, access to abortion, etc). I know many LGBT people who are gun owners -- they too don't vote Republican. There is only two ways to remedy this; and rest assured that one or the other WILL have to happen or in twenty years we won't have the 2A. The Republican party alone can not nor should carry the burden of protecting our 2A.

• The protection of the 2A needs to be a bipartisan issue. I've encouraged many of my liberal friends to reach out to their state representatives about gun issues. As more and more Democrats speak out against "assault weapon" bans, carrying capacity restrictions, etc, politicians will understand the foolishness of their proposals.
  • The Republican party changes its ideology a bit: more inclusive of the LGBT community, more welcoming to minorities, and pro women choice.
As a personal note, the Republican party will have my vote immediately (because I'm fiscally conservative but socially liberal) once they do the aforementioned things. In the meantime, the best I can do is:

• Educate my community of family and friends about firearm safety & sport
  • Write letters (snail mail), e-mail, and call all of my state representatives
  • Get my community of people to do the same

The Republican party alone can not nor should carry the burden of protecting our 2A.
  • The protection of the 2A needs to be a bipartisan issue. I've encouraged many of my liberal friends to reach out to their state representatives about gun issues. As more and more Democrats speak out against "assault weapon" bans, carrying capacity restrictions, etc, politicians will understand the foolishness of their proposals.
  • The Republican party changes its ideology a bit: more inclusive of the LGBT community, more welcoming to minorities, and pro women choice.

If it were truly a bipartisan issue, maybe the 2nd amendment would be off the chopping block, period. Unfortunately the Democrat party has made it part of their platform, and they've worked hard to restrict/limit our rights, particularly in the last few years. Heck Obama, Biden, Pelosi and others have led a full on charge against our rights. Some (few) Demo's have stood up to it, but only because they are from districts where they know better than to oppose or restrict the rights of gun owners. If more liberal gun owners demanded that their representatives leave the 2nd alone, maybe that would help. But I don't get the impression that many take the time to let their reps know how important an issue it is to them. I write my legislators on a regular basis. While I'm only one person, I try to be a vocal voter. Wyden and Merkeley all but ignore any emails I send their way, but they get them. And when they vote against the 2nd, I vote against them. They need to know that the folks that support LGBT issues, support gun rights. They need to know that minorities and women support gun rights. Until then, I'm afraid it will continue to be the Republican party that carries the banner of the 2nd amendment.

As for the Republican party becoming more inclusive, I think if you look around, you'll see those winds of change have already started. So what then, if the Republicans back off on those issues, and become more inclusive, will all pro-2A Democrats finally start voting for those that defend their 2nd amendment rights? Or will there be more excuses why they can't vote for those that defend those rights?

They need to know that the folks that support LGBT issues, support gun rights. They need to know that minorities and women support gun rights. Until then, I'm afraid it will continue to be the Republican party that carries the banner of the 2nd amendment.

Exactly. And the more people that let these politicians know that their legislative proposals go against their 2A rights, the better!

As for the Republican party becoming more inclusive, I think if you look around, you'll see those winds of change have already started.

Agreed, the winds of change have started to pick up a bit within the Republican party. Once it jumps from 3mph to a nice, breezy 15, I imagine a LOT of people will switch parties.

So what then, if the Republicans back off on those issues, and become more inclusive, will all pro-2A Democrats finally start voting for those that defend their 2nd amendment rights? Or will there be more excuses why they can't vote for those that defend those rights?

For myself, yes. I don't like government waste (billion dollar studies for TriMet light rail, the failure of Cover Oregon, endless entitlement programs with no clear path to true self-sufficiency and independence, and I could go on and on) and would vote Republican (or Libertarian if there was enough people voting that way to make a difference) the moment the party has changed on the social issues. In the meantime, I make sure the Democratic leadership knows where I stand (as a registered Democrat) on 2A issues. As I mentioned before, I get other people to write and call these representatives as well. I think we should ALL be doing this on a frequent basis!

Once it became clear it was a gang shooting and not a school shooting the media lost interest. Too bad they don't take to task the local politicians on why they have made no progress in stopping the gang shootings. Many many more kids are getting shot in gang shooting that all other shootings combined.

Once it became clear it was a gang shooting and not a school shooting the media lost interest. Too bad they don't take to task the local politicians on why they have made no progress in stopping the gang shootings. Many many more kids are getting shot in gang shooting that all other shootings combined.

Gangs are LE and Politician Job Security and tools of convenience.
They do not want them stopped and abolished.
That could have been done 30 or 40 years ago.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top