JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speaking of scams, upon opening a package of wire for my shop this morning, I noticed the label with the original box was cut off and taped on a different box and then the scammers proceeded to take a reel of wire and replace it with a forklift wheel and a piece of wire loom. Apparently pinching packages for government organizations is a thing. They left one reel broken with the larger gauge of wire. Weird.

20211221_101446.jpg

Also seems to occur more during ammunition / firearms blights.
This year has been the worst ever so far for scam ammo/gun stuff - and sadly I see people on other forums falling for them and describing their losses in posts about it.

I hate to say it but on some other forums there are really some naive people who will post a link to some site and describe it like it's for real and how they have this and than in stock, and often how they already ordered from them.

I feel kinda bad for some of them as they post about these sites completely oblivious to reality.

another scam website :
their Address is the giveaway :
1212 NORTH MAIN STREET, MOUNTAIN GROVE MO, 65711
office of a public accountant...
sucks I was about to order a rifle

Here is one to be careful with. They are copying both the Henry name and logo to look legit. Total scam. Instead of the legitimate "henryusa.com" website, they are "usahenryfirearmstore.com" and here's a picture of their scam home page:

1651159364877.png

Stealing Henry's name and logo is criminal. I want these scammers in jail...

Here is one to be careful with. They are copying both the Henry name and logo to look legit. Total scam. Instead of the legitimate "henryusa.com" website, they are "usahenryfirearmstore.com" and here's a picture of their scam home page:

View attachment 1187207

I also like how their "shotgun" is a .22, possibly the "garden gun" model

View attachment 1187207

But they have "offordable prices"

I've been chasing powder for a new rifle load all over the internet.

At every site that "has powder in stock" I ran the "Scam Detector"

Every single site failed the scam detector!

"Let the buyer beware"!

Smiles
Stick with the big boys, Brownells, Grafs, Natchez, Powder Valley, MidwayUSA, Direct from Hodgdons. There are a few smaller legit sources but those are the main ones that come to mind.

Stick with the big boys, Brownells, Grafs, Natchez, Powder Valley, MidwayUSA, Direct from Hodgdons. There are a few smaller legit sources but those are the main ones that come to mind.
Honestly, arakboss, I feel like the shine is off of the "big boys" these days. There is a lot of nickel-and-diming going on with them, they have clearly not proven to be immune to price gouging, and their stock on hand has not impressed. Because of that I've been turning much more to a variety of "smaller boys" and want to do a shout-out for one in particular that came through with flying colors, at least when it comes to ammunition: South Georgia Outdoors located in Cairo, GA. Here's what I liked about them:
1. I found ammo for a cartridge that was literally not available anywhere else, and with no limitation on quantity.
2. They charged a "normal" price (by 2022 standards) and were not trying to gouge, plus only $19 to ship all that ammo across the entire country.
3. They were fast. Processed the order so that ammo was in hand within four days of ordering. As fast as Scheels!
4. Customer service was excellent. And I mean excellent, both online and on the phone.

Will I do business with South Georgia Outdoors again? Oh yeah, absolutely, first opportunity I get. Perhaps others have had a different experience with them, who knows, but they sure earned loyalty from me. Here's a Google Maps pic of their store:

1651246724718.png

Another one!!! Says address in Minnesota but phone number is 425 prefix Washington.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Are you sure that "gatarmed.com" is a scam?

They do take credit cards.

The address does seems like it is a gun store.

They seem to require an FFL for gun shipments.

OOP.... They seem to have Canik 20 round MegGar mags available. Fishy. Those mags are usually out of stock by the time you hear about any being available, but people *are* finding them now and then so not definite.

Too new to be rated by some scam detector sites, so *I* would not give them a credit card at this point, but not yet sure it is an actual scam.

Are you sure that "gatarmed.com" is a scam?

They do take credit cards.

The address does seems like it is a gun store.

They seem to require an FFL for gun shipments.

OOP.... They seem to have Canik 20 round MegGar mags available. Fishy. Those mags are usually out of stock by the time you hear about any being available, but people *are* finding them now and then so not definite.

Too new to be rated by some scam detector sites, so *I* would not give them a credit card at this point, but not yet sure it is an actual scam.
As someone here recently quoted the Ronin movie, "If there is a doubt, there is no doubt" is how I look at any non-established website. Just my opinion as I have seen so many of these websites pop up. They seem to always have fishy sounding names.

Another one!!! Says address in Minnesota but phone number is 425 prefix Washington.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The POP-UPS! Arrrgh.

But...

Great prices! I could double a thousand $$ order selling primers on NWFA! :rolleyes:

*sarcasm*

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads