JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bye Engraving is great. Make an appointment just in case they're busy, but it only takes 30-40 minutes start to finish. You can watch them do it, and they're very gun friendly.

You can change barrels and length , configurations etc. You do not need to retain the original parts to put it back in the original configuration. They "request" that you inform them of permanent changes but there is no actual form to do that so its not that much of an issue. I change OAL and barrel length as often as I change my underwear. No one cares.

Can I use an ampersand in a trust name:

K&H Arms Trust
City, Washington

Or would I have to spell out and? ...details...

What is the exact name of your trust as submitted on your form 1 and on the top of page one of your trust. If it is "K&H" with the ampersand then use that. If it is spelled out- spell it out on your engraving. Why would you even consider having your engraving not match the paperwork?

If you don't even have your trust formed and notarized you're getting ahead of yourself... but you can name your trust anything you like- including ampersands. I'd avoid things like "ISIS Affiliates of the NW Public Trust" just to be safe though :)

What is the exact name of your trust as submitted on your form 1 and on the top of page one of your trust. If it is "K&H" with the ampersand then use that. If it is spelled out- spell it out on your engraving. Why would you even consider having your engraving not match the paperwork?

If you don't even have your trust formed and notarized you're getting ahead of yourself... but you can name your trust anything you like- including ampersands. I'd avoid things like "ISIS Affiliates of the NW Public Trust" just to be safe though :)

I haven't started my trust yet. I picked up paperwork to start my trust and will get this started as soon as I can set up an appointment with the people I am doing this through.

I can't get a tax stamp until after the law goes into effect, I live in Washington. The law that allows me to build an SBR goes into effect June 9th.

(So yes, I am getting ahead of myself. I want to be ready to submit my paperwork for a tax stamp on the first day I am legally able to.) I also don't want to be delayed because I forgot a detail.

I recall hearing from previous ATF rulings that you only had to engrave an SBR if you planned on selling it, anyone know if this is true? If I wanted to SBR my Action Arms UZI I wouldn't want to ruin the value by engraving my name on it :eek:

I recall hearing from previous ATF rulings that you only had to engrave an SBR if you planned on selling it, anyone know if this is true? If I wanted to SBR my Action Arms UZI I wouldn't want to ruin the value by engraving my name on it :eek:
WRONG!!!! You MUST engrave your info as the "maker" for NFA. You do not have to engrave anything if you build a regular title 1 gun even if you sell it down the road.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads