JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, I found someone here on NWFA who was selling a brand new, never fired, M&P Shield 9mm. I've been seeing all of the reviews and have been drooling, hoping to get one for my wife (who currently has a full size S&W Sigma 9F but it is kinda big for her to lug around). So I saw the ad, responded and came away today with it for $400. Not the greatest price I've seen but also not the worst and still below MSRP and, most importantly, it was available when I had the money.

After I got home, my wife and I took a quick trip to our gun club range and tried it out. She let me take the first shot as she was still kind of leery of something that size since she had a KelTec PF9 and it hurt her hand/wrist. So I fired it and, immediately I just swooned. It was so nice and so little recoil compared to the PF9. She took the next 6 shots and when we looked, we had hit a fairly good grouping for the first time firing it. My wife was very happy and stated that we finally found the right gun for her. And I told her that I now want to get one for me too. It is definitely a great, small, pistol.

So, tonight, or tomorrow, I'll be ordering up her Remora holster (fortunately the Remora she has for her 9F will work temporarily for the Shield, even though the bottom extends a bit beyond the Shield's barrel).

So, how do those Remora holsters work. Could they be used for appendix carry?

I carry a Shield in a Remora. Yes you can Appendix carry it. I do it all the time. Here's a little bit of broken record from me... but when I leave the house my Shield/Remora is in the 3:30 position, when I get in the car it comes out and goes under my right thigh, when I run into the Plaid Pantry for a coffee and a donut or a pack of smokes, It goes appendix, and when I use the facilities it goes under my armpit (stall only).

Went to the range again today with it and, while I was there, I ran into someone who was also shooting the Shield. But theirs was the .40 cal. We traded and shot a mag through each other's and I have to say that I could not distinguish a difference in the recoil on the .40 compared to the 9mm. I was pleasantly surprised.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top