Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Another satisfied Shield customer...Wow!

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by accessbob, May 18, 2012.

1. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Well, I found someone here on NWFA who was selling a brand new, never fired, M&P Shield 9mm. I've been seeing all of the reviews and have been drooling, hoping to get one for my wife (who currently has a full size S&W Sigma 9F but it is kinda big for her to lug around). So I saw the ad, responded and came away today with it for $400. Not the greatest price I've seen but also not the worst and still below MSRP and, most importantly, it was available when I had the money.

After I got home, my wife and I took a quick trip to our gun club range and tried it out. She let me take the first shot as she was still kind of leery of something that size since she had a KelTec PF9 and it hurt her hand/wrist. So I fired it and, immediately I just swooned. It was so nice and so little recoil compared to the PF9. She took the next 6 shots and when we looked, we had hit a fairly good grouping for the first time firing it. My wife was very happy and stated that we finally found the right gun for her. And I told her that I now want to get one for me too. It is definitely a great, small, pistol.

So, tonight, or tomorrow, I'll be ordering up her Remora holster (fortunately the Remora she has for her 9F will work temporarily for the Shield, even though the bottom extends a bit beyond the Shield's barrel).

2. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Congrats. Can't wait to get my paws on one!

3. MikeE

MikeE Portland Well-Known Member

So, how do those Remora holsters work. Could they be used for appendix carry?

4. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Hey! Glad to see this...:thumbup:

Now if I could just find a deal on one in WA.

I've been looking for something to replace my S&W 469.:paranoid:

Jack...:cool:

5. Zepoll

Zepoll Keizer Active Member

I carry a Shield in a Remora. Yes you can Appendix carry it. I do it all the time. Here's a little bit of broken record from me... but when I leave the house my Shield/Remora is in the 3:30 position, when I get in the car it comes out and goes under my right thigh, when I run into the Plaid Pantry for a coffee and a donut or a pack of smokes, It goes appendix, and when I use the facilities it goes under my armpit (stall only).

6. NoviceSquared

NoviceSquared portland Member

What's the trigger like?

7. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

slightly better than standard M&P or you can get Apexi trigger kit.

8. accessbob

It has a shorter pull than the standard M&P and has a nice clean break to it. I was extremely impressed when I fired it. I will be getting one for myself as well.

9. accessbob

Went to the range again today with it and, while I was there, I ran into someone who was also shooting the Shield. But theirs was the .40 cal. We traded and shot a mag through each other's and I have to say that I could not distinguish a difference in the recoil on the .40 compared to the 9mm. I was pleasantly surprised.

10. NCW Ray

NCW Ray Sunny Eastern Washington Active Member

I need to go and look at my LGS's for the .40, plan on buying one, but I'm not paying some of the prices I've seen on the internet for the .40's. Hopefully they'll be offering them at a decent price.