JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Oh do tell. We have a president who lacks senate support. How is anything going to get done? It won't, it will be like the last two years.

Lot of cringing and doom and gloom, but ultimately, nothing.

You must not be old enough to remember when, in 1998 without Senate support, Pres. Clinton signed an executive order to ban the importation of what he called assault weapons. Read about it here:

Clinton Halts Import of Assault Rifles - Los Angeles Times

Anyone tried to find small pistol and small rifle primers in the Portland metro area lately? Not gona do it. None around. I picked up 1000 of each when I was in Montana Thursday. Need to get my FN MK1 before they ban extended mags for scatter guns.

The administration has VERY limited ability to do anything on gun control no matter HOW hot they were to do so. 99+% of all possible federal gun control stuff, including what you just outlined, requires it go through congress. What makes you think that while in 2009 when the Dems had majorities in both houses and they wouldn't touch gun control, now, when they're looking to the 2014 house races AND in the minority, they will all of a sudden become an arm of Sarah Brady?

Seriously, the paranoia about "Obama iz gunna take R Gunz" has reached far beyond the usual levels of paranoia and conspiracy theory lately. 99% of everything I read on this subject is written by people who either don't understand how regulatory policy and laws get made or who ignore the makeup of congress.

You REALLY think another AWB or anything like it is going to even make it to a VOTE in the house?

Now is when we need to start lobbying the senate on this issue in a BIG way. The demographics on gun owners are vastly more in our favor than in 2009 and politicians know it. It's quite possible to make another anti-gun replacement for Ginsburg and Breyer a non-starter. But that's not going to happen if the NRA etc. keep up with the conspiracy theory insanity of Kenyan, secret-muslim, America-hating manchurian candidate Obama.

So if all the talk of Obama takin R gunz is nothing but bunk, why do we need to lobby the senate at all? Why would you say something so contradictory to the rest of your argument? Makes no sense. If it's not real, what's the point of wasting the money to lobby against a non-issue?

So if all the talk of Obama takin R gunz is nothing but bunk, why do we need to lobby the senate at all? Why would you say something so contradictory to the rest of your argument? Makes no sense. If it's not real, what's the point of wasting the money to lobby against a non-issue?

I believe he is saying that gun owners need to get ahead of the political process and not to wait until the last minute conjuring up chicken little hyperbole. At least that's the way I read it.

I just got back from the LaPine Bi-Mart and there was plenty of everything on the shelves except for one item - standard small pistol primers. The guy at the counter told me the day after the election someone came in an bought all 44 boxes they had but other then that there had not been any 'panic buying'.

Really like the Ural Patrol. The Earles (sp?) forks and disc brake must work great. The leading link forks transmit the braking torque as lift to the ft end so it doesn't dive under braking. Now THERE'S a bug-out machine.

2nd terms are never as grand as the first (or suck worse depending on how you phrase it). Obongo is going to have some very serious economic issues to deal with, especially if he can't keep delivering phones and food stamps to the FSA. Likely the Congressional Dems don't want to poke a hornets' nest again with more serious political threats developing. The Brady Bunch can belch about the falsity of the damage AWB1 did them, then they can ask Tom Foley. "Tom who?" you ask. That's the point. He was the 1st Speaker of the House to lose an election since the early Pleistocene, and more people see it our way now than they did then. I'm not denying the threat, but then again I'm not going to buy a WASR 10 for $1000 because Missy Fineswine talked to the Gestapo about AWB2.

If there wasn't a run on guns before there will be now

<broken link removed>

From the article:

A a candidate in 2008, Obama campaigned on permanent reinstatement of the expired assault weapons ban, and Attorney General Eric Holder in 2009 indicated that the administration would lobby for a bill. But that never materialized and the White House has largely avoided talking about its.

No real suprise about what he WANTS to do but getting it done might be another issue all together. But then again WTH do I know?

Just think about it. You're ok with how the 2A is treated right now? I would hope that you aren't. I would also hope you understand the value of lobbying for that which is important to you.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top