JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
From my local gun shop's Facebook page:

"Update: The Morning After. So, just got off the phone with all my reps and its WWIII again. No AR's left in the warehouse, Ak's just went to $1000. We were hoping this wouldnt happen again, but my main distributor went through 500 AR's in 10 minutes. Ammo is also going MAD, so if you need some let me know. I'm not moving my prices till I have too, but it wont last."

Mad at Obama? You should be mad at these guys for clearly exploiting gun owners and irrational fears to make hyper inflated profits. Shame on them.

Even worse, the guys that grossly overpay over the next few months are then going to flood the classifieds here with overpriced guns.... Them complain when people "lowball" them (of course it's only low compared to what THEY paid, not what it's actually worth)

"Update: The Morning After. So, just got off the phone with all my reps and its WWIII again. No AR's left in the warehouse, Ak's just went to $1000. We were hoping this wouldnt happen again, but my main distributor went through 500 AR's in 10 minutes. Ammo is also going MAD, so if you need some let me know. I'm not moving my prices till I have too, but it wont last."
Whoa boss, that's capitalism.

I was just at Keith's in Gresham, Oregon. Hi-cap Glock mags were still $25, all you can eat.

I'll rejoice that my grandkids will be able to enjoy the freedoms I do today!

And...I'll buy one of your video games and play it with them.
I appreciate it, but seriously, don't. :) ( I work on addicting stuff.)

I'll rejoice with you. While I don't agree one is coming, I see Feinstein as a toothless tiger... we both want the same end thing, no restrictions.

These threads are hillarious. There are apparently people that can't remember what our newly re-elected president said less than a month ago at the second debate ( MILLER: Obama's big gun slip - Washington Times ), people that don't believe our president has hidden agendas for his second term even though he openly told the Russian president that he intends to do whatever he wants after re-election (President Obama: "This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."), people that don't remember how our president wasted his first year in office and further polarized the parties by holding congress hostage until they passed his stupid health-care bill instead of concentrating on the nation's pressing economic problems, and people that don't understand the economic principles of supply and demand. It really doesn't affect me if they choose to be in denial other than giving me a few more days to buy cheap ammo.

Ordered 3 high capacity mags this morning. I was going to anyway... I really need 9mm bullets for reloading. With reloads and factory rounds I have enough for many weekends of shooting. I learned to stock up after running out of small pistol primers and finally found some at a gun show, that was after the last election. Also bought my new gun a month ago, figured voters are about as intelligent as a large rock trying to swim a river. Better get in line for my free government stuff. Where is that line anyway?

Well I don't feel that the Obama government wil try an up the gut attack like a Brady. They know we won't get caught off guard like that again. I do feel they will be more cunning if they do try it and their constituents will be expecting something after the "AK47" comments.

The scenario I see happening is the Gov withholding federal funding to states unless they impose new gun laws. Much like they did with federal highway dollars to states that didn't impose speed limits 30 years ago.

In the mean time the frenzy will continue for the next weeks or months and stupid people will do stupid things. Like buy a WASR AK for $1000.00.

Well I don't feel that the Obama government wil try an up the gut attack like a Brady. They know we won't get caught off guard like that again. I do feel they will be more cunning if they do try it and their constituents will be expecting something after the "AK47" comments.

The scenario I see happening is the Gov withholding federal funding to states unless they impose new gun laws. Much like they did with federal highway dollars to states that didn't impose speed limits 30 years ago.

In the mean time the frenzy will continue for the next weeks or months and stupid people will do stupid things. Like buy a WASR AK for $1000.00.

The administration has VERY limited ability to do anything on gun control no matter HOW hot they were to do so. 99+% of all possible federal gun control stuff, including what you just outlined, requires it go through congress. What makes you think that while in 2009 when the Dems had majorities in both houses and they wouldn't touch gun control, now, when they're looking to the 2014 house races AND in the minority, they will all of a sudden become an arm of Sarah Brady?

Seriously, the paranoia about "Obama iz gunna take R Gunz" has reached far beyond the usual levels of paranoia and conspiracy theory lately. 99% of everything I read on this subject is written by people who either don't understand how regulatory policy and laws get made or who ignore the makeup of congress.

You REALLY think another AWB or anything like it is going to even make it to a VOTE in the house?

Now is when we need to start lobbying the senate on this issue in a BIG way. The demographics on gun owners are vastly more in our favor than in 2009 and politicians know it. It's quite possible to make another anti-gun replacement for Ginsburg and Breyer a non-starter. But that's not going to happen if the NRA etc. keep up with the conspiracy theory insanity of Kenyan, secret-muslim, America-hating manchurian candidate Obama.

WOW "Back to the Future" most of this crap all sounds like it did in 1968 when I was 11 listening to my dad and his buddies sitting in Gary McCafees garage reloading 30-06 and 270 talking about how the government was going to take away our guns.

Lets see 1968-2012 = 44 years spanning 9 administrations. And we can own

Machineguns
Tanks
Motars
Silencers
SBR
SBS
etc
still
Sure Taxes and rules and paper work and infringement And yet we still go shooting and hunting and packin and whining and bubbleguming.

Not saying take a nap but please give it a break.

get all amped up when theres actually something to get excited about

IMHO YMMV

I went into Wholesale Sports at lunch today and nothing was out of the ordinary. One guy and his wife buying a few things and I picked up some HSM bullets and a few boxes of primers that were marked down 60%. No panic buying, pretty quiet actually.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads