JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does that really matter? If those described keep hounding their preferred party about supporting the 2A, wouldn't that help all gun owners in the long run? Their party won't listen to the opposition for sure, and as keeping power is all that matter, we need more of those in the fold from that side telling them to stop effing with the 2A.

Man, I will never understand how supposed staunch 2A supporters put party over 2A. The 2 party system is never going away. It is far easier to convince your party opponents to just ease up on 1 part of their platform than trying to get them to switch sides entirely.

I know, wasting my virtual breath on that, so don't expect an argument.
Very well said. If this was debate team I would say you won. šŸ˜‹šŸ˜†

The Dems used to align more with my values a very long time ago. Nowadays it's just not enough. Also, for me, when I see a politician tell a bold faced lie, I lose all respect. That's a reason I can't get behind the Republican Party either.

People are just severely uneducated and simply dumb. In Seattle, every single property tax proposal for every single stupid idea, is passed. Then renters see their rent go up and scream about that. They don't put two and two together that the property owner is going to increase rent to cover that additional expense. People think that pushing much higher corporate taxes is only paid by the company, the company obviously will look at their books and adjust prices on goods/services to accommodate that increased tax burden.

All taxes are ultimately paid by the consumer, either directly, or indirectly. Socrates hated democracy, and democracy is what we have now and it is why so many terrible ideas get successfully promoted.
Businesses don't pay taxes, they merely collect taxes for the government via higher prices caused by the taxes.

Soooo I vote Republican and I consider myself Liberal but not Far Left. I make a distinction. To me The Right are the new Liberals. We keep calling these fascists leftists "liberal" when they are NOT !!! And you have people who are voting for the Left because they say they're liberal but are actually more in line with Republicans than the Left but Ohhhhh Noooooo the right are racist the right are this the right are that...... when in fact its the right that wants Less Govt, the fascist Left want more govt. and you disarmed, the Right is far less racists when its the Left that is contiuinigly being racist and anti-symetic and terrorizing people, and cancelling free speech.... oh yeah that one is next. Permit to speak freely. that's coming,

You've just basically described, "tribalism".

A classic liberal. Free and critical thinker. Makes up your own mind. Recognizes "the party" is not likely our friend (either one actually) it sounds like. Good on you. Happy to break bread with someone like you anytime. Might not agree on everything but I will likely learn something and have a better understanding.

I truly don't mind if someone disagrees with me, because I can't force them to be correct.

;)

People are just severely uneducated and simply dumb. In Seattle, every single property tax proposal for every single stupid idea, is passed. Then renters see their rent go up and scream about that. They don't put two and two together that the property owner is going to increase rent to cover that additional expense. People think that pushing much higher corporate taxes is only paid by the company, the company obviously will look at their books and adjust prices on goods/services to accommodate that increased tax burden.

All taxes are ultimately paid by the consumer, either directly, or indirectly. Socrates hated democracy, and democracy is what we have now and it is why so many terrible ideas get successfully promoted.
DON'T YOU GO MAKING SENSE!!!

Joe

People are just severely uneducated and simply dumb.
I think a bigger issue, among many, is the vast amount of misinformation being spread. I'm actually not so sure what most people consider "intelligence", or lack of, has very much to do with the issues we face. I'm still working on that hypothesis.

What we need is for everyone, including the government, to do what is right and good for the country, not just themselves. It doesn't take a high IQ to do that.

Again, that tax is a business expense, which is born by the end-use consumer because it (taxes) will be baked into the price they pay.
Business revenue taxes are based on income so the more they raise prices the more the business would pay in taxes, and at a certain point the price would be more than the customers would be willing to pay and they would lose business.

I would agree that certain business can and do bake their taxes into the pricing, but not all do.

What we need is for everyone, including the government, to do what is right and good for the country, not just themselves. It doesn't take a high IQ to do that.
One man's "right and good for the country" is the next man's road to destruction.

I would agree that certain business can and do bake their taxes into the pricing, but not all do.
You might want to think about that for a while.

Business revenue taxes are based on income so the more they raise prices the more the business would pay in taxes, and at a certain point the price would be more than the customers would be willing to pay and they would lose business.

You sirā€¦. have just unwittingly explained where INFLATION comes from!

It seems (based on your comments) that you've never owned a business, and lack a "firm grasp" on economics (BTW-neither statement is meant as an insult!) because running a business REQUIRES a minimum of a 30% profit margin to pay the bills and keep the lights on.

Now, CEO's that make a quadrillion in quarterly bonusesā€¦. that can only be sustained by providing a service or goods that are in particularly high-demand (think Intel CPU's and Nvidia GPU's) and/or bilking shareholders in some sort of ponzi-scheme, or "pay to play" navigating government regulations.

Bottom line; the fix is in, there's a good 'ol boy club and you and I ain't in it!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top