JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think a lot of anti-gunners are there going to be freaking out about this!

1668267059926.jpeg

Don't lump me in with those idiots (referring to the MEME). I'm a liberal but very much believe in the 2A. Screw the NFL and the Police. In fact, I know a fair amount of 2A supporting liberals that voted against 114.
Thread drift: how does one simultaneously hold views that appreciate the rights referenced by the 2nd amendment, but also claim to support a party that regularly endeavors to eliminate that right?

Thread drift: how does one simultaneously hold views that appreciate the rights referenced by the 2nd amendment, but also claim to support a party that regularly endeavors to eliminate that right?
I've noticed that a lot too, liberals saying they don't like this about the Democratic Party, they don't like that yet they continue to vote for them. Seems like it's going to build up a massive amount of cognitive dissidence? Or more over that an ideology is so strong that it clouds one's ability to think critically about the decisions they make that in turn affect so many people negatively and even themselves at times....

I've noticed that a lot too, liberals saying they don't like this about the Democratic Party, they don't like that yet they continue to vote for them. Seems like it's going to build up a massive amount of cognitive dissidence? Or more over that an ideology is so strong that it clouds one's ability to think critically about the decisions they make that in turn affect so many people negatively.
May be why many get intensely angered over facts which counter there party view, when presented with such.

I've noticed that a lot too, liberals saying they don't like this about the Democratic Party, they don't like that yet they continue to vote for them. Seems like it's going to build up a massive amount of cognitive dissidence? Or more over that an ideology is so strong that it clouds one's ability to think critically about the decisions they make that in turn affect so many people negatively and even themselves at times....
People are just severely uneducated and simply dumb. In Seattle, every single property tax proposal for every single stupid idea, is passed. Then renters see their rent go up and scream about that. They don't put two and two together that the property owner is going to increase rent to cover that additional expense. People think that pushing much higher corporate taxes is only paid by the company, the company obviously will look at their books and adjust prices on goods/services to accommodate that increased tax burden.

All taxes are ultimately paid by the consumer, either directly, or indirectly. Socrates hated democracy, and democracy is what we have now and it is why so many terrible ideas get successfully promoted.

Soooo I vote Republican and I consider myself Liberal but not Far Left. I make a distinction. To me The Right are the new Liberals. We keep calling these fascists leftists "liberal" when they are NOT !!! And you have people who are voting for the Left because they say they're liberal but are actually more in line with Republicans than the Left but Ohhhhh Noooooo the right are racist the right are this the right are that...... when in fact its the right that wants Less Govt, the fascist Left want more govt. and you disarmed, the Right is far less racists when its the Left that is contiuinigly being racist and anti-symetic and terrorizing people, and cancelling free speech.... oh yeah that one is next. Permit to speak freely. that's coming,

Does that really matter? If those described keep hounding their preferred party about supporting the 2A, wouldn't that help all gun owners in the long run? Their party won't listen to the opposition for sure, and as keeping power is all that matter, we need more of those in the fold from that side telling them to stop effing with the 2A.

Man, I will never understand how supposed staunch 2A supporters put party over 2A. The 2 party system is never going away. It is far easier to convince your party opponents to just ease up on 1 part of their platform than trying to get them to switch sides entirely.

I know, wasting my virtual breath on that, so don't expect an argument.

Does that really matter? If those described keep hounding their preferred party about supporting the 2A, wouldn't that help all gun owners in the long run? Their party won't listen to the opposition for sure, and as keeping power is all that matter, we need more of those in the fold from that side telling them to stop effing with the 2A.

Man, I will never understand how supposed staunch 2A supporters put party over 2A. The 2 party system is never going away. It is far easier to convince your party opponents to just ease up on 1 part of their platform than trying to get them to switch sides entirely.

You mean like trying to get your union to stop sending money to the democrats?

Soooo I vote Republican and I consider myself Liberal but not Far Left. I make a distinction. To me The Right are the new Liberals. We keep calling these fascists leftists "liberal" when they are NOT !!! And you have people who are voting for the Left because they say they're liberal but are actually more in line with Republicans than the Left but Ohhhhh Noooooo the right are racist the right are this the right are that...... when in fact its the right that wants Less Govt, the fascist Left want more govt. and you disarmed, the Right is far less racists when its the Left that is contiuinigly being racist and anti-symetic and terrorizing people, and cancelling free speech.... oh yeah that one is next. Permit to speak freely. that's coming,
But never a permit to vote.

If we look at the last 60 years as indicative of trends, whatever efforts have been made by "gun owning leftists" have meant nothing. The party is no different than a totalitarian regime desiring to consolidate all power and armaments to themselves and their enforcers.

What ever happened to liberal being a reference to quantity?
Such as, I would like a liberal amount dressing on my salad.
Or, spread butter on toast liberally.
The words keep getting messed with.
As it is, our US District Judge doesn't understand how to apply Bruen.

I've noticed that a lot too, liberals saying they don't like this about the Democratic Party, they don't like that yet they continue to vote for them. Seems like it's going to build up a massive amount of cognitive dissonance? Or more over that an ideology is so strong that it clouds one's ability to think critically about the decisions they make that in turn affect so many people negatively and even themselves at times....
I pulled my name from the Democratic Party over 10 years ago. With some exceptions, they don't get my votes any more. My issue is, I don't particularly care for the Republican Party either. Both are mostly run by special interests IMO. And most 3rd party options lack experience or aren't capable of enacting any real change. I just lump them all in as one big corrupt government. We should all be trying to take power away from them instead of fighting among ourselves to give one party or another more power. But most people are either stuck in their ways or afraid of change.

I'm a liberal but very much believe in the 2A.

I do not support the Democratic Party.
A classic liberal. Free and critical thinker. Makes up your own mind. Recognizes "the party" is not likely our friend (either one actually) it sounds like. Good on you. Happy to break bread with someone like you anytime. Might not agree on everything but I will likely learn something and have a better understanding.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top