JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wolf experience on Vancouver Island holds harsh lesson

A newly-published essay about wolf predation on Vancouver Island by renowned Canadian researcher Valerius Geist — an authority on deer and other wildlife — is raising eyebrows and some hackles among Northwest outdoorsmen and women.

<broken link removed>

wolves and people could never coexist in a settled place like Washington we are reintroducing a serious threat to ranchers ,sportsman and people we should be able to shoot them on sight.

wolves and people could never coexist in a settled place like Washington we are reintroducing a serious threat to ranchers ,sportsman and people we should be able to shoot them on sight.

But, but but they're pretty and uh, they were here first and uh, wolves don't hurt people blah blah blah.

I couldn't agree more with your statement!!

Remember these wolves are not reintroduced,they are new larger wolves.
Keep the "reintroduction" stuff down and put it out like it is.

How big are they? Elephantine? Bigger?

Damn big!

wolfkill.jpg

I have a friend who sent me some pics and articles from their experiences with the Tundra wolf in Montana. These animals are killing TENS of thousands of Elk every month! These loving magical wolfs have a craving for fetus's. They will take down a pregnant cow Elk, one will hold the head while the other will eat its way to the fetus through the birth canal, all while the cow is living. Then they will leave the dying cow and move on to the next easy target.

I have a friend who sent me some pics and articles from their experiences with the Tundra wolf in Montana. These animals are killing TENS of thousands of Elk every month! These loving magical wolfs have a craving for fetus's. They will take down a pregnant cow Elk, one will hold the head while the other will eat its way to the fetus through the birth canal, all while the cow is living. Then they will leave the dying cow and move on to the next easy target.

That's absurd. Your math does not add up.

Ditto.

And I wrote about the woman who shot the wolf here:
<broken link removed>
Regarding math not adding up- I'm looking for the source where I saw the numbers. It seemed unbeleveable untill I followed their logic: X number wolves, times number of survival kills, plus number of sport kills. The potential that I'm wrong or the data is wrong is certainly possible, no argument there. I'll keep looking for the source.

Regarding math not adding up- I'm looking for the source where I saw the numbers. It seemed unbeleveable untill I followed their logic: X number wolves, times number of survival kills, plus number of sport kills. The potential that I'm wrong or the data is wrong is certainly possible, no argument there. I'll keep looking for the source.

Let do it this way. 10s of thousands per month. So if you just take 10,000 and multiply it by 12 months you will get 120,000 (per year).
Someone somewhere is posting some bogus data that you should disregard.

Personally, I have no problem with them bringing wolves back. Personally I think it would be good for the health of the deer/elk populations. If they are de-listed and managed as a big game animal properly

If they are not de-listed and managed at reasonable level, well, not so much...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top