JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Disturbing-

Whats with the man that sang about sending a missile up the alQuaida's azz
Is he sending one up America's now?

Toby Keith restaurant hypocrisy leaves bad taste in gun owners’ mouths -
National gun rights | Examiner.com
<broken link removed>

Not saying it is right, but just because his name is associated with the place doesn't mean that he has a clue about the day to day operations. Repeat, not saying it is right. Repeat, not saying it is right.....

Toby Keith is another one of these phony patriots who loves to sing about "law and order" and he "shoulda been a cowboy" when in fact he is another limousine liberal. He has never served his country in any capacity other than lip service and you see how much that actually means to him.

Another loser who rose to fame capitalizing on misdirected hate. Just like South Park portrayed Alan Jackson's 'latest hit' - "9/11, 9/11, 9/11 ... 9/11, 9/11, 9/11 ...."

I have problems with this...

Still, it does make one wonder why NRA would invite him to perform as an honored celebrity, when they knew -- they had to know -- that Keith had declared himself a supporter of "the most anti-gun president ever to occupy the Oval Office" back in 2008 when he praised Barack Obama, calling him "the best Democratic candidate we've had since Bill Clinton," and then honored Obama by performing at his 2009 Nobel Peace Prize ceremony in Oslo.

I don't know much about Toby Keith (I like old school Country), but in general, I dislike entertainers who try to portray themselves as something other than who they really are, just to promote their acting or music careers.

Googlin' around a bit I found an article in the "Progressive Populist" whatever that is, that said in part, " Toby Keith himself did not make the decision to ban guns from this particular restaurant in Woodbridge, Virginia. The restaurant is a privately-owned franchise, and those owners made that decision. Other Toby Keith restaurants allow open carry at those locations."

I don't think we have any of those around here so can't confirm or not the facts about other stores in his outfit.

One thing's for sure, a guy is free to do what he wants with his property and business so long as it doesn't hurt anybody, and we are free to not go to the GFZ places if we don't want to.

Personally, I got sucked into going to his restaurant in vegas... I think the bigger reason not to go there is the food and atmosphere. It's like an western themed version of all those other crappy corporate chain restaurants... chillis, applebees, etc. It was clearly not the place he was singing about in his song.

At the same time, it's important to remember that celebrities are rarely famous because of high IQ's. If you like Toby Kieth, good for you, but please realize he's a jukebox, you put money in, you get music out.

Quote from the article
"I'm all about good people, licensed and trained, carrying a concealed weapon," Keith said in an interview. "The bad guys are always gonna be carrying guns. There are so many guns in the US and so many bad people that do harm with &#8216;em. If just one percent of the non-felons would go get their concealed weapons license and carry a gun where they can, one percent puts you in a pretty good position of being somebody that could save a bunch of people's lives."

As Doc pointed out in post 8, "The restaurant is a privately-owned franchise, and those owners made that decision. Other Toby Keith restaurants allow open carry at those locations."

Natural consequence:
Open carry your belchfire (exercising your rights) into public establishment, frighten folks, signs go up.

Conceal carry your hidey gun and your CCW license (exercise your rights, stealthly) into public establishment, nobody knows.
Nobody knows, NOBODY KNOWS, nobody knows!

Quote from the article
"I’m all about good people, licensed and trained, carrying a concealed weapon,” Keith said in an interview. “The bad guys are always gonna be carrying guns. There are so many guns in the US and so many bad people that do harm with ‘em. If just one percent of the non-felons would go get their concealed weapons license and carry a gun where they can, one percent puts you in a pretty good position of being somebody that could save a bunch of people’s lives.”

As Doc pointed out in post 8, "The restaurant is a privately-owned franchise, and those owners made that decision. Other Toby Keith restaurants allow open carry at those locations."

Natural consequence:
Open carry your belchfire (exercising your rights) into public establishment, frighten folks, signs go up.

Conceal carry your hidey gun and your CCW license (exercise your rights, stealthly) into public establishment, nobody knows.
Nobody knows, NOBODY KNOWS, nobody knows!

Yeah it is just his name being used, but the one thing I didn't like in that statement was the qualifier " licensed"
He was ok up til that word.

Personally, I got sucked into going to his restaurant in vegas... I think the bigger reason not to go there is the food and atmosphere. It's like an western themed version of all those other crappy corporate chain restaurants... chillis, applebees, etc. It was clearly not the place he was singing about in his song.

At the same time, it's important to remember that celebrities are rarely famous because of high IQ's. If you like Toby Kieth, good for you, but please realize he's a jukebox, you put money in, you get music out.

He is one of the few that goes to feet on the ground in combat zones to give the troops a little bit of home. Better than most celebrities do.

I happen to like Toby Keith and has probably been over to the sandbox more than any other celebrity. I think he is truely patriotic and does things for the troops without blazing it all over the media for publicity.
He has pubilcally said he never served his country, but respects all those that have.
He isn't involved in any part of that restaurant. So he doesn't have any say in it

I happen to like Toby Keith and has probably been over to the sandbox more than any other celebrity. I think he is truely patriotic and does things for the troops without blazing it all over the media for publicity.
He has pubilcally said he never served his country, but respects all those that have.
He isn't involved in any part of that restaurant. So he doesn't have any say in it

I agree. I doubt he is behind that and wonder what he will do when he finds out about the restriction they put on the place using his name. He needs to be told and anyone that can contact him, should do so.

Well, let's see if he'll "put a boot in the ***" of whoever made the decision and overturn it. He does do a lot of promotional events for the troops and for wounded warriors...tons more than the rest of his peer group. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt until the facts prove otherwise.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top