JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I suspect tha the hate I read on these pages is really fear manifesting in a form that can be accepted. I always wonder if at a mass shooting situation if one concealed carrier sees a guy with a gun will he shoot him? Then another concealed carrier sees a guy with a gun shoot someone, will he then shoot the shooter? I wonder how everybody that claims to be a sheepdog will sort out the good guys from the bad guys in mass shooting scenarios ?
Good thoughts, and a good reason to be very careful in any situation that develops. If you expose you firearm to others, mostly bad things are going to happen . You might be taken to be an accomplice of the mass shooter. Undercover LEO in area target you . Until your choices become obvious, I'd be wary of intervention.

I suspect tha the hate I read on these pages is really fear manifesting in a form that can be accepted. I always wonder if at a mass shooting situation if one concealed carrier sees a guy with a gun will he shoot him? Then another concealed carrier sees a guy with a gun shoot someone, will he then shoot the shooter? I wonder how everybody that claims to be a sheepdog will sort out the good guys from the bad guys in mass shooting scenarios ?

Well, to start with, you can't shoot someone you just see carrying a gun. If you see someone with a gun firing into the crowd of innocents, that is your clue enabling you to sort out a bad guy from the good guys. Then you can shoot. Identifying your target and backdrop is Rule No. 1, from plinking tin cans to resisting an active shooter.

As far as being shot yourself by mistake goes, that's the risk you take. You're at a mass shooting event, remember? Probably going to be shot anyway.

Personally, I give my fellow CCW permittees a bit more credit for appropriate response to such an event than some folks seem to be able to. I'd be a lot more concerned about getting shot once I engaged the killers, that's a certainty, not a 'What if....".

Now that I am retired I no longer have to go anywhere unarmed outside my home, so I don't. At home I am never unarmed either. My bathrobe has nice big pockets which accomodate a compact .45 quite nicely. Other pocket holds extra mags. :D

If you see someone with a gun firing into the crowd of innocents, that is your clue enabling you to sort out a bad guy from the good guys
Now the only problem here is,you must be at the right angle to make sure the "shooter" isn't a cop taking someone down
Undercover? Feds? ATF? DEA? Who could tell? It would be a heck of a deal if the "crowd" being shot at happened to be bad guys with guns
Just a thought

I guess if the crowd I was in happened to be a bunch of bad biker dudes or tweakers, then maybe I'd be concerned that some LEO was doing his duty, and I should certainly stay out of that. But if I'm attending a concert or other event, and someone starts shooting into the crowd, the possibility that some idiot LEO decided to make an arrest is really not going to be very great. By the time I've seen it, reacted, and have my hand on my weapon, it's going to be pretty obvious what is going on.

No one is advocating intervention into some scenario where we should perhaps be a bit more cautious, that's not why we carry a weapon, and it shouldn't be why we carry, but an obvious mass shooter event is not going to be mistaken for a legitimate arrest.

The only time I ever left my house without carrying was the one time that I could have used it. Looking back on the situation now of course I'm glad I didn't because it ended with no bloodshed. Went to the local Walmart to pick up some sodas thought I was only going to be gone for a minute so did not carry that day. Got into an altercation in the parking lot with a 20-something hero guy. He produced in 1911 and started waving it around in the air while I made a hasty Retreat into the store. I do not know who God was looking out for that day be it me for not having to kill him or him for not having to die. Starting that day and every day since I have not left my home without my sidearm. The world we live in is wicked and you never know when someone with a screw loose is going to go postal pardon the expression. For my protection and the protection of those I love I always carry when I leave my home I will not leave home without a handgun anymore. I do not consider myself paranoid I am prepared I do not consider myself a hero I am a simple man that wants to protect my life and my family. I do hope the situation never arises that I have to draw and God forbid fire on someone. I never want my last thought to be if I had only brought a gun with me today this would not be happening. And if it does happen when they pick my body up it will be laying on top of a pile of brass.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top