JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting article. I've read some of the Lewis & Clark journals. I know their party ate dogs on their journey, and I believe they traded with tribes to get them, who did the same. Wondering if Navajos have maintained the attitude that they aren't exactly pets. I could be out of line here.

Interesting article. I've read some of the Lewis & Clark journals. I know their party ate dogs on their journey, and I believe they traded with tribes to get them, who did the same. Wondering if Navajos have maintained the attitude that they aren't exactly pets. I could be out of line here.

That whole "Is it a pet or a meal?" thing is culturally conditioned, nothing more. There are places where people both eat dogs and keep them as pets. The farmed animals are just that, not pets, and most dog owners don't eat dog at restaurants, but the two sides aren't exactly at war with each other.

What I don't understand is how anybody could believe that capturing and injecting a wild animal is more humane than dropping it with a single shot out in its natural environment.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top