JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I try not to fly and took the family to AZ for spring training this year. We stayed off the interstate from Eugene to L.V., going through west Nevada. What a great trip! I will say driving to Hawaii seems like it would suck though.

I try not to fly and took the family to AZ for spring training this year. We stayed off the interstate from Eugene to L.V., going through west Nevada. What a great trip! I will say driving to Hawaii seems like it would suck though.

Think about the sights you would see on the way to Hi. Best stories you would ever be able to tell.

I took US 95 down there. Great drive and you can miss CA.

Flying today and a fine example of a TSA agent threatened to detain me when pulled my backpack's strap out of the rollers.

But then we wouldn't get these fine pizza boxes. I think it speaks volumes of their standards.
tsapizzabox.jpg

I know of the saying "pay peanuts, get monkeys", but is this the "pay pizzas, get stoners" variety? ;)

I fly a lot, and don't have a issue with the TSA, they are pointless and have a god complex. But if you fly a lot, you get a special lane to go through (TSA Pre), take off your coat, put your carry on on the belt and your done. Security takes less than a minute, although occasionally they do a spot check and find cordite on my clothes/bag/shoes, which will keep me for a couple more minutes as I tell them I was shooting the day before. And they thank me for my time and off I go. If you think TSA is bad I would say you need to fly into N. Ireland, Israel, Singapore, or other countries and see what a real search, 'interview', and screen is.

I fly a lot, and don't have a issue with the TSA, they are pointless and have a god complex. But if you fly a lot, you get a special lane to go through (TSA Pre), take off your coat, put your carry on on the belt and your done. Security takes less than a minute, although occasionally they do a spot check and find cordite on my clothes/bag/shoes, which will keep me for a couple more minutes as I tell them I was shooting the day before. And they thank me for my time and off I go. If you think TSA is bad I would say you need to fly into N. Ireland, Israel, Singapore, or other countries and see what a real search, 'interview', and screen is.

that is going from bad to worst.

It will still effect the cost of travel and lessen the travel. No matter where the money goes. If we knew where all the tax money really went we would already be in our 1776 moment.

As much as I hate to say it, I don't think a few bucks either way is going to hamper air travel any more than a few cents on diesel is going to significantly reduce ground transport. Yes, there is an impact, but it's not that large. If you look at the disparity in airline ticket price, it's really nothing. For example, I flew from PDX to Pocatello Idaho last week. Round trip ticket was around $600. I'll be going to Minneapolis next week and the fare is in the neighborhood of $500. I'll be going to meetings in Florida in January and the ticket price is less than $300.

It's all a part of the cost of doing business. Add $5 to the ticket price and it's less than the cost of a cheap beer at the airport or at a hotel bar.

With the communication available today there is not much sense flying anywhere for business.
any meetings and many other things can be done by conference calls and the big screen.

I really didn't want to fly this Christmas season.. But our family has a orchard/farm in kalifornia (of all places) and they insisted and also paid for the one way flight down there to make it for the family reunion christmas eave.. However I only took the offer to make it for the said reunion. Needless to say Im driving back. Ill only deal with TSA if I absolutely have to.

Those jackwagons can kiss my bubblegum. Hell Id rather take a train & double the time than fly. Luckily the Train folks are fairly relaxed still when it comes to firearms.. Etc.. Though liberals LOVE the train it seems like it hasn't caught on their radar.
I gotta admit, I like trains too. I rode them all over the place when I lived in Japan, and a bit in Europe too. To SOME EXTENT I agree with the liberals when it comes to trains. Personally, I prefer the open roads, but a good, reliable, and efficient rail system will be vital, should our population continue to climb.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top