JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got stuck in the snow years ago and had to walk to find a phone.. Years before Cell phones.. I was surrounded by about 8 dogs and it was pretty scary! I picked up a big rock and hit the lead dog in the side. The rest ran off. It was pretty scary when they surrounded me and started nipping at me.

Tough guys think they won't ever be scared like that. If I had missed and they attacked who knows. At one time I decided I have to be the lead dog. I think a 9mm.. would have made the whole thing a bit easier.

About 20 years ago I had a big male Rotty jump his (2' high) front fence and confront my wife and I while we were walking down the sidewalk. He looked pretty P.O.ed, snarling, barking, hackles raised and drool flying everywhere. I held my carry weapon at the time, a .38 derringer, pressed right up against his nose, cocked and ready to shoot, until his owner came out of the house about two minutes later and retrieved him. No apology. Had we turned and run, I'm certain one of us would have been bit or worse.

Keith

Had Rotties for 27 years.. we now rescue them. Would hate to try to stop a pissed off rottie even with a 6 shot .38 loaded with the best stuff. They are very tough. I hate irresponsible dog owners

Several years ago I went to visit my folks. Their neighbors at the time had a very aggressive Rhodesian Ridgeback. It somehow got out of the yard, and decided to chase me up the driveway. Luckily I was pretty far ahead of it and ran into the house. The thing slammed right into the door and I could hear it out there barking jumping against the door. I called 911 and explained that the dog had tried to attack me. They said that they would send someone out. A few minutes later I looked out and the dog appeared to be gone so I opened the door to leave. The dog came running back up and got within a couple feet and started lunging and barking. I pulled out my full sized 1911 and pistol wiped that thing as hard as I could across the skull. Never seen a dog run away faster. Called 911 again and told them the dog tried to attack me again. Had an officer show up (assuming it was just a noise complaint). When I told him I'd hit the dog, he said I'd been perfectly within my rights to shoot the dog if I felt it posed me a physical threat and I feared for my safety.

Similar thing happened to my sister a couple weeks after (she was living at home while in college). Chased her into the house. She called 911 again. This time my dad went over there when he got home and told the neighbors if he ever saw the dog in his yard again he'd kill it on the spot, aggressive or not. They got the point. Dog never got out again (they'd tie it to a lead when it was outside), and they moved a year or 2 later.

I have zero tolerance for aggressive dogs and their owners if they choose to overlook their behavior. There seems to be a direct correlation between the appearance/demeanor/lifestyle of 'certain' people and the dogs they own. Who knows the reason - compensation? identification? or as an extension of their true inner self?

I have zero tolerance for aggressive dogs and their owners if they choose to overlook their behavior. There seems to be a direct correlation between the appearance/demeanor/lifestyle of 'certain' people and the dogs they own. Who knows the reason - compensation? identification? or as an extension of their true inner self?

Dogs are like their owners. Go to any dog show. I'm proud to have well trained Rotties

I believe you are talking about those whose "name" rhymes with triggers. LOL :s0131:

Totally true though, nothing worse then seeing certain types pf people in wife beater tanks walking a nasty looking pit bull walking through my neighbor hood!

Had a friend that had one. They only thing you were in danger of from that dog is being drooled on to death. She was the sweetest dog you could imagine - at least while she knew you were a good guy.

We just had to put down a really sweet girl Rottie.. we rescued her 7 years ago and she was a real people lover.. she could have been one of those dogs that visit sick kids and old folks to cheer them up. Now if you were a cat or squirrel all bets were off

The pack of chihuahuas story reminded me of the Jurrasic Park scene when the chicken sized compys overwhelm and kill a human.

I was once menaced while walking on public road near Machias, WA by a large dog exhibiting aggressive body language. He approached me head down, tail out, and emitting a deep rumbling growl. I pulled my .38 and the dog kept coming closer. At about 3' from the muzzle (yeah, I should not have waited so long) I figured it was time to see if Glasers really do the job. About a millisecond before trigger pull pull a woman from the nearest house called the dog off. Next week on my walk I was threatened by a man from the house about pulling a gun on his dog. Seemed that not elevating the situation was wise, so I didn't say anything. I have no doubt I would have been attacked had I not been armed &/or the woman had not intervened.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top