JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was in that museum a few months ago. And I was definitely carrying while I was there.

That said, I don't know if I would have actually pulled a gun on the guy, not while he has a hostage in a head lock - I'd not want to risk hitting her.

Pulled a gun yes, shot no.
But when she was on the ground, probably.
I didn't see it but I thought they said he had a knife?
There was kids in there, if I was there I would have had my kids with me.
I wouldnmt have let him flinch in my kids direction without putting him down.

Looks like some of the commenters are assuming there was a knife, but it didn't look like it.

The guy went away when enough men approached him. No need to pull a gun, and a lot of potential drawbacks (from the cops if nothing else) for doing so. So, things actually worked out the way they should have in this case.

I might have pulled a knife just to help persuade the bum to go away, if I was there.

I don't know why people are ragging on the woman filming this. She DID take care of her kids by getting them away from the nut, she warned others what was going on, and video evidence is crucial to any investigation (WAY more reliable than any eyewitness testimony).

Looks like some of the commenters are assuming there was a knife, but it didn't look like it.

The media has been reporting he did have a knife and not only threatened the woman with it, but pulled it on police, which led to them shooting him.

One report on this story: New video shows man threatening museum employee in Bend (http://www.kptv.com/story/32184291/new-video-shows-man-threatening-museum-employee-in-bend)

Another report also mentions the knife visible as he grabs the woman: Watch: Cellphone video shows Bend museum hostage situation (http://www.kgw.com/news/local/central-oregon/cellphone-video-shows-bend-museum-hostage-situation/237836980)

The guy went away when enough men approached him. No need to pull a gun, and a lot of potential drawbacks (from the cops if nothing else) for doing so. So, things actually worked out the way they should have in this case.

I might have pulled a knife just to help persuade the bum to go away, if I was there.

I don't know why people are ragging on the woman filming this. She DID take care of her kids by getting them away from the nut, she warned others what was going on, and video evidence is crucial to any investigation (WAY more reliable than any eyewitness testimony).

Better to have video evidence and not need it than to need video evidence and not have it...

Was just there on Monday, with my child's school. Better believe I was carrying. After seeing the video I don't think I would of drawn. I would be corralling the kids to a safer place, and then come back and assess the situation.

Awful video; seems like the video was rolling forever--but reports of persons that came to the vic's assistance were not reported nor on the video? Where there able bodied men there and no groups of women came to her assistance?

i know of a few criminal circumstances where women were raped and male passerby ignored their plea for help. I know this professionally. And, these events happened in in the Beaverton-Portland areas. Events of this type happen too often.

Awful video; seems like the video was rolling forever--but reports of persons that came to the vic's assistance were not reported nor on the video? Where there able bodied men there and no groups of women came to her assistance?

i know of a few criminal circumstances where women were raped and male passerby ignored their plea for help. I know this professionally. And, these events happened in in the Beaverton-Portland areas. Events of this type happen too often.

The video I saw showed a number of men that approached the guy, but they kept back a bit because he had a knife - I would presume they didn't want to do anything that would cause him to hurt her. Once they managed to pull her away from him, they basically surrounded him to keep him there until the police arrived. So yes, people did act.

The video I saw showed a number of men that approached the guy, but they kept back a bit because he had a knife - I would presume they didn't want to do anything that would cause him to hurt her. Once they managed to pull her away from him, they basically surrounded him to keep him there until the police arrived. So yes, people did act.

Was this reported somewhere or written in the newspaper? So, they did do a good job but this did not make headlines???? !!!

Was this reported somewhere or written in the newspaper? So, they did do a good job but this did not make headlines???? !!!

It did make the news - I saw it on both KPTV and KGW. Here is a link to the story from KPTV - in this video you can see some of the folks stepping in to intervene. I imagine it was more heavily reported south of Portland I would expect.

New video shows man threatening museum employee in Bend (http://www.kptv.com/story/32184291/new-video-shows-man-threatening-museum-employee-in-bend)

Uggg

I made it 10 seconds in and my blood pressure was skyrocketing. Closed that window on the browser.

Another reason I carry EVERY SINGLE DAY now. Never know when some asshat needs to be equalized until the police arrive.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top