Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Another reason citizens should be armed.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Father of four, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Found this and had to share it! Man, we as citizens should always have a right to defend ourselves with a firearm! Here is a GREAT example!!!!

LiveLeak.com - brutal knife attack

This video is not for the kids!

2. tattoo

tattoo NorthWest Active Member

Thats hard to watch. You don't really know when or were, do ya. :confused:
    And YES, I do carry, and hope to god I never have to defend my family or myself, but will if need be.

3. Father of four

Yes that is hard to watch.

This video should be shown to all those "anti gun" people.

We all can at anytime be faced with our lives being ended. I hate that I live in a city where I cant even have bullets in a clip to put in my gun if something like this happened to me. Unless I ask for a CHL. Its stupid I cant protect myself unless I ask for permission.

We Citizens Should Have A Right To Be Armed!

4. BigCat

BigCat Portland Member

What kind of knife was he using that wasn't sharp enough to severely cut that first persons throat? I like how the store keeper racks his slide and fires all in one motion, sideways none the less.

5. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

good thing knife was not sharp enough.

i am going to a nightmare :D

6. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Ever cut a chicken's throat? I've done so three times in the last couple months, and it's not as easy as you think - even with a very sharp blade.

The extra pounds that customer's carrying might have just saved him from a severed carotid artery.

Amazing how fast the would-be killer went down - like a sack of....

How do we find out where the BG was hit, and what kind of ammo was used?

7. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

So "ask" for a CHL!!! How else are we supposed to weed out the addicts, felons, illegals, crazies, and wife-beaters?

You CAN protect yourself - it's not synonymous with carrying a handgun, ya know. You could just as easily complain that you can't "protect" yourself because you have to have a tax stamp for a full-auto. There are plenty of places where citizens have to make due with nothing more than OC spray, so maybe it behooves you to be grateful for what we've got.

Society's responsibility is to negotiate a balance between the individual's freedoms and the security of the collective. It's crowded planet, and that's the nature of modern urban life.

8. Father of four

I choose to stand up for my rights. If the people that are supposed to work for you pass more and stricter laws prohibiting your rights, will you finally say thats enough? Or keep compromising?
    The Will Of The People should still be the highest law in this land. Wasn't that the reason we are here? To live in a country that is For the People by the People?

9. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

Actually I believe the CHL laws ARE a compromise...in our direction. Prior to, I couldn't 'legally' carry at all. Eventually, other states may go the way of Arizona and get rid of the CHL requirement as well.

A big thumbs up for the store owner!

Keith

10. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

Word is the gun was a kirikkale .32.

11. xstayfrostyx

xstayfrostyx PDX Member

Here's another good one:

Good guy 1, Bad guy 0, CCW in action

12. t.huynh

t.huynh vancouver, wa Active Member

The first shot didnt look like it hit the perp at all. It seemed to have just smashed into the display right above the customer who was laying down. 1.58 mark top right corner, you'll see what i mean.

13. Father of four

Thanks for the video link. The bad guy got what he deserved! I am behind the good guy with the gun 100%.

If a bad guy/girl pulls a gun/weapon on someone like that, they should know it may cost them their life.

GREAT JOB! Hopefully one less bad guy. If not, I hope he learned a valuable lesson. :bash:

14. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

There should be NO compromise to a constitutional right. Any and all compromise is illegal.

15. spengo

story

16. novamind

novamind Hillsboro Active Member

First video, I don't get it, why is he shooting at the guy that tried to help him? Did I miss something?

17. gettersideways

gettersideways PNW New Member

The attacker was wearing an orange shirt. The guy in the brown shirt was trying to stop the attacker and help the clerk. Then the attacker went after the helper (brown shirt) and the clerk shot at the attacker (orange shirt) and the helper (brown shirt) ran out the door (not shot).

got it? :thumbup:

18. RobertJ.

RobertJ. Seaside, OR Member

19. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

that exist now don't stop the felons, crazies, wife beaters, minors and illegals from carrying now. Why do you think more laws will do any good?

BTW: no such thing as an "ex-felon", once a felon always a felon!!

Dogs are not mentioned in the Constitution, having arms to protect onself, family and society IS.

Deen
    NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
    WAC member
    SWWAC member

20. spengo

Wow, here I am, just postin' the story of the vid, and suddenly MASSIVE DRAMA WITH BUTTHURT EVERYWHERE.

Neat! This thread is now about videos of successful usage of firearms in a defensive situation.