JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got to go out with friends and try out some really good stuff. It was more of a learning session on how some of it works as I had never spent time shooting these gun before. I was amazed at the history behind most of them and picking them up you learned a lot about the men who carried them.

MG 34 was very well made and machined to German perfection. Very interesting on how it all breaks down and what it takes to change the barrel. Accuracy was outstanding and the gun run flawless. Nice package but a heavy SOB.

I got to study a MG 42 but not fire it, man what quick easy barrel changes and you can really see how the Germans went to stampings during the war.

Sterling subgun, the Britts were smart and built a fine 9mm gun with a really amazing magazine. Gun run flawless and was accurate enough to easily hit shotgun shells at 40 feet.

That was all for the day, can't wait for the machinegun shoot at ARPC.:D

I wish they would let me but the guys are very private. One of them will be at the shoot with a jap 99 and a mp44 plus all kinds of other weapons. I will introduce you should you show up at the shoot.:D

Deal is with him as a dealer once a year he brings his historic guns out as demo guns. He makes no money but charges for ammo. Thompson, jap99, mp44,sten,bar,AK and M16. You will see more at that shoot than any place else on the west coast.

Wait till you spend some time with the Swedish K sub gun. Dead accurate, drums or sticks, open top area so easy to see sights and target plus easy to control trigger for singles, doubles or rock and roll.:D

Got to go out with friends and try out some really good stuff. It was more of a learning session on how some of it works as I had never spent time shooting these gun before. I was amazed at the history behind most of them and picking them up you learned a lot about the men who carried them.

MG 34 was very well made and machined to German perfection. Very interesting on how it all breaks down and what it takes to change the barrel. Accuracy was outstanding and the gun run flawless. Nice package but a heavy SOB.

I got to study a MG 42 but not fire it, man what quick easy barrel changes and you can really see how the Germans went to stampings during the war.

Sterling subgun, the Britts were smart and built a fine 9mm gun with a really amazing magazine. Gun run flawless and was accurate enough to easily hit shotgun shells at 40 feet.

That was all for the day, can't wait for the machinegun shoot at ARPC.:D
Where can you shoot full auto around here. Besides Albany Rifle Club, which is 85 miles from me according to Google, is it gravel pits only? Do you generally call the Ranger station first to let them know so they don't get spooked?

Or am I overthinking it?

If you think about it, full auto weapons aren't more costly in the long run.
My Thompson only cost $5,900.00 in 1999.
When you factor in it's appreciation in value since it was purchased, you get an increase in value of around $950.00 per year.
So to follow this logic, you can burn up a lot of ammo and still come out ahead.

It's sorta like buying a 70 Hemi Cuda back in the 80's for around $8,000.00.
Sure it gets lousy gas mileage, but how cool can you get driving around in one of those.

Last Edited:
Overthinking it. MG's are legal to own in Oregon, and as long as you have a legally NFA stamped MG it's no different than shooting any other firearm, except WAY more expensive.

:D let's see, if you bought an UZI two years ago for the going price of $6200 and you sold it today for the going price of $12,000 that's about $5800 worth of 9mm you could have shot up and still come out even. Not including the ATF tax of course:D

so the guys that have paid that kind of money have no interest in undoing the NFA ;-)
Actually, they have no interest in repealing the Hughes Ammendment to the Firearms Owners
Protective Act of 1986. (FOPA)
That's the little piece of voice vote excrement that was rammed through in the middle of the night that
forbids any new guns on the civilian registry. THAT is why a $600 M16 is now $25,000.

Probably the best chance of loosening up any provision of NFA34 would be concerning silencers.
Getting them off of the registry and treating them like a firearm (sale on a 4473, background check)
may be possible.

Thanks for clarifying. Well FOPA sounds an awful lot like "Faux pas".
Actually FOPA was a pretty good piece of legislation. Cleaned up some gray areas on the GCA68, Granted
"safe passage" through restrictive states, cleaning up the definitions of what a "prohibited person" was and banning the Federal Government from creating a firearms registry. All in all good stuff for gun owners.

The Hughes amendment was an "add-on" amendment, passed on a very dubious vote. There have been
people trying to repeal it ever since.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top