JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, you all advised me my very old (10 years) certificate was still valid for getting my CHL. But I got another question.

This is for Multnomah County BTW. They state "You must have completed a Concealed Handgun Safety Class first."

I got my certificate when they weren't expressly calling them that. The certificate just says "BASIC FIREARM SAFETY." It's got the NRA# and name of the instructor and everything. It's from The Place to Shoot. Same place now has actual "Concealed Handgun License" classes.

So what do you all think? Will my certificate be enough?

I've always heard that the cert from the class was only good for one year. Maybe they overlook that. Dude, your wasting time. Just go in and get it done. If they say it doesn't work then spend the 35 bucks for a new class. You need the information in your brain fresh. Your chl going to take awhile for it to get to you so file for it asap.

I have to agree with the Sheep and Wayout, take the $35.00 three hour class. I already had other classes from NRA instructors and certifications but still took my safety class at the Multnomah Sherrifs office. Never know what you might learn, like "Dont Point That Thing At Your Foot":s0114:
But that's just my 2 cents. I'm a class junkie. I just don't think I know everything.

FWIW, my wife just renewed her permit that expired in 1992.

She gave them the old permit, wrote a check, got her picture taken,
and a couple of weeks later had a new 4 year permit.

Yamhill County

Thank you. I will just go down to the Sherrif's office, show them my expired permit, and see if that will allow me to fill out and submit the application for a new permit. If not, then I will pay the extortion to Beaverwhatsit and put up with the obvious infringment of the 2nd amendment right.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top