JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I walked into Cascade Firearms on Fourth Plain in Vancouver about ten days ago and found this. It's an S&W Model 64 no dash in .38 Special that actually doesn't even look like it's ever been fired. No scratches, carbon, pitting, cylinder drag mark...nothing. The dark blur on the shot of its right side is actually the reflection of my camera off of its stainless steel surface. It came with an only mildly buggered up original box, the S&W no-rust paper, and a cleaning rod.

Production of the 64 no dash versions was between 1970-1972. It's basically the stainless version of the Model 10. Barrel is tapered and pinned. Lock up is sincerely tighter than any other revolver I've ever had. Excellent DA and SA trigger pull.

I don't think this impulse purchase will be one I regret, especially since the price was extremely reasonable. It's now in the safe with its S&W friends — my Model 36 no dash Chief's Special, Model 60 Pro in .357 Magnum, and Model 69 Combat Magnum in .44 Magnum. This officially qualifies as a trend, I think. :)
A397F98F-3B10-4321-86A9-F377F0B0064C.jpeg F777054D-5976-4712-8E0A-C10D9AB9EC3A.jpeg

Uhh I don't know.. it doesn't have a sleeved barrel, not much of a fan of hammer mounted firing pins and those older Smith's are known for firing on their own without that beautiful lock hole in the side. You should take it back and demand your money back... say tomorrow at about noon....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top