JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I pump mine every two years, usually around election schedules (to remind me).

When we lived in the suburbs, the septic system failed on a house just down the road and the smell was… notable… for about a week until they got it replaced/fixed. I don't ever want to deal with that out here in the woods where we live now.

We work from home, and it's just The Missus and I, but she loves her garbage disposal. We have a well and a generator to run the pump in case of outages. I've got too many other things to worry about so I've made it a point to baby the septic system. It's the one thing I don't EVER want to go bad. I like having it cleaned out every two years because it gives the drain field a little break.

I agree with the comment about keeping well stocked in TP. I'm a firm believer in Wipe Supremacy.

Buying this place last year (spring time) the septic failed inspection. The seller covered all cost because they friggin cool. An entire new system and field.
I ended up dealing with top soil and seed for whole area…… one wheelbarrow one shovel at a time, small cost in the long run, piece of mind for the potential lifespan of a new system.
Though I have no experience and only recently learned knowledge…with septic….. Put my foot down for the family…. No wet wipes.
What else is potentially a NO NO…?
My doubts are the system design, it's a pressure system requiring power and 2 tanks. I don't know if this is good or bad.
I was present during install so I know how it's working down there, my vocation has an electrical component so, in a necessary event I can manage with outside power and self repair. It's just another layer of what if?
Though it's a small part in "off grid" it feels better after being witness to city sewer disasters.
We recently ordered some monthly additive from Amazon but haven't used it yet. I read in this thread
- Rid X
- yeast
- lots of water
Are beneficial…… but what else should I do? Just get it inspected as recommended?

DB8BFCEC-CF00-4D26-B4FD-354D5AC12D04.jpeg AE42640D-5F46-497E-A8C4-15136CE8327E.jpeg

Though I have no experience and only recently learned knowledge…with septic….. Put my foot down for the family…. No wet wipes.
What else is potentially a NO NO…?
Nothing but what came from your body or toilet paper should go in. Anything that can not break down will,,,, not break down.

I can not tell from your image but if you have chambers with electric components like mixers, it is even more important not to put other stuff down.

Nothing but what came from your body or toilet paper should go in. Anything that can not break down will,,,, not break down.

I can not tell from your image but if you have chambers with electric components like mixers, it is even more important not to put other stuff down.
Thank you…. Only a pressure pump out of liquid tank… the first is solids. Plenty of access I guess. But no mixers

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top