JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Saw that on the news last night. Supposedly it is the biggest poaching ring ever. There was video of a guy and his hounds killing a bear.

Something like 30 bears and upwards of 200 deer and elk heads found at this persons house.

I hope they find every last one of these bubblegummers and lock them up for life.:mad:

yeah. tell me about it. deer are hard to hunt as it is. these guys must have been night hunting with thermal or spotlighting
We had one instance over at the ranch where road hunters at night shot a buck and then drove THROUGH the barbed wire fence and out across a wheat field to retrieve it. They ripped out about 300 feet of fence costing about $500 to repair. There was an unlocked gate 100 yds down the road.

And people who stop to ask permission to hunt wonder why the relatives aren't too friendly or sympathetic.

illegal actions like in the OP and you described ZigZagZeke , I'm sure are two big reasons as to why a "NO!" is a common answer when asking permission to hunt private land.
Between poachers and trash left behind after some folks shoot its no wonder many people look down on "hunters".

Has any hunting magazine or organization come out and spoke against the poachers in the OP?
Or spoken out in support of the Game and Fish / Law Enforcement agents who took down this ring?
These questions are not a "slam" against hunting magazines or organizations ... But a thought that they need to get the word out that hunters are not like those criminals in the OP...
That we as hunters and shooters are disgusted by their actions.

My thoughts on poachers like this :
After jail time , never again allowed a gun or be able to hunt.

And to the non-hunters who have read the article or seen the news:
Please know that a hunter is not the same as those men.
We who hunt and enjoy shooting are not wanton killers of animals .
That we as true hunters hold in reverence the animals lives and areas we hunt.
Please do not mistake us for those criminals and hold us , the hunters , accountable for their ugly , foul deeds.
Andy

illegal actions like in the OP and you described ZigZagZeke , I'm sure are two big reasons as to why a "NO!" is a common answer when asking permission to hunt private land.
Between poachers and trash left behind after some folks shoot its no wonder many people look down on "hunters".

Has any hunting magazine or organization come out and spoke against the poachers in the OP?
Or spoken out in support of the Game and Fish / Law Enforcement agents who took down this ring?
These questions are not a "slam" against hunting magazines or organizations ... But a thought that they need to get the word out that hunters are not like those criminals in the OP...
That we as hunters and shooters are disgusted by their actions.

My thoughts on poachers like this :
After jail time , never again allowed a gun or be able to hunt.

And to the non-hunters who have read the article or seen the news:
Please know that a hunter is not the same as those men.
We who hunt and enjoy shooting are not wanton killers of animals .
That we as true hunters hold in reverence the animals lives and areas we hunt.
Please do not mistake us for those criminals and hold us , the hunters , accountable for their ugly , foul deeds.
Andy

Spot on Andy. As per usual... Great post..

Poachers don't care about the law. As the news piece said. Some have previous poaching charges. Unless something drastic happens to poachers like this...Nothing will change

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top