JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Came across the forum when I was searching the name of a common gun store around these parts, and since I have seen it mentioned a few times on other forums I frequent l, thought I'd joint here as well.

Just purchased a new 9mm last week. My wife and I moved from California about a year ago—don't hold it against us—and I have been meaning to go through the whole CHL process. Kept putting it off until...well, here we are.

My other guns weren't really the CCW type. I hated buying a gun during the rush, but I think I managed to walk out with something at a price point that wasn't too ridiculous.

Cheers!

Welcome! Compared to California you will find that Portland is... interesting. Congrats on the gun purchase and enjoy the forum!

Last Edited:
Came across the forum when I was searching the name of a common gun store around these parts, and since I have seen it mentioned a few times on other forums I frequent l, thought I'd joint here as well.

Just purchased a new 9mm last week. My wife and I moved from California about a year ago—don't hold it against us—and I have been meaning to go through the whole CHL process. Kept putting it off until...well, here we are.

My other guns weren't really the CCW type. I hated buying a gun during the rush, but I think I managed to walk out with something at a price point that wasn't too ridiculous.

Cheers!
Welcome. If u haven't learned the most dangerous places in Portland yet I would suggest getting the free "5-0 radio" app and listen to "Portland police and sheriff dispatch" channel. You will learn in a just a couple days what types of crimes go on and the most concentrated crime areas (you may already know this). Good to
have another good guy with a gun in the area.

52b017e6eed86816a880063a219b12ec.gif

If u haven't learned the most dangerous places in Portland yet
Great idea! I was lucky enough to have a few close friends in the area, and they gave us a pretty exhaustive review of all the different areas when we were looking for a place. Because of the streets, though, we were a little worried at first when we kept seeing so much crime being reported on familiar streets, until we realized it was the opposite side of the 205.

Welcome to the forum!
While Portland is on lockdown now, you can still sample great food via orders to go including craft beer.
Give Mad Greek a try, seriously the best fried chicken and they will include beer in your order.

Stay safe
Mad GREEK and fried chicken? I never knew.

HOW DARE YOU!!!! :p J/K

Welcome to Oregon, The wife and I are also transplants from California. You might get some ribbing but it is usually all in good fun. Ocassionaly you will meet some people who genuinely hate transplants in general and Californians specifically but in my experience they are few and far in-between.

Which part of the golden state are ya from?

Welcome from the Couv. Nothing wrong with transplants. Anti gun people are in every state. Just
because your from Cali doesn't mean you are anti freedom. What new Roscoe did you buy???? :rolleyes:
Hopefully the stay at home order will be lifted soon and you can start exploring your new home.
A lot of beautiful country in the NW to explore. It will take a while but you will get use to the rain/drizzle.;)

We moved from San Diego, though I wouldn't say that's where we're from. Wife is originally from LA, and I'm from Texas, but we've both moved around quite a bit. What about you?

Nice. Wife grew up in the Temecula area and that's where we met and got married. Finished college in Riverside and decided Oregon was where we wanted to live. all of her family and some of mine are still down in that area.

What new Roscoe did you buy?
The newest one is a Walther PPQ M2 SC 9mm. I was down to that and an XD Mod2 SC, but Walther just won me over with the trigger.

A lot of beautiful country in the NW to explore. It will take a while but you will get use to the rain/drizzle

We lived in Seattle for a while and I went to uni in Scotland, so the rain isn't too unfamiliar—in fact, it's one reason we moved up here. Any places you recommend exploring? We've hit the big spots already and have loved some of the recommendations that are off the standard tourist track.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top