JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,
My name is Jon, I'm a self employed arborist living in Se PDX. I've been quite active for years on a forum of similar ilk related to my trade, and I found it to be a great way to learn, to connect, and to acquire gear through their Treebay resale forum. I was thrilled when I found this site clicking and reading around for info.
I grew up with guns in the home, father a lifelong hunter and shooter, but lifestyle, complacency, and economics have kept my priorities else where for a while. I've gotten back into trad archery a few years ago—mostly I really like to send projectiles of all kinds "down range."
I acquired my first handgun, beretta apx a little over a month ago, and a starter m and p sport 2 AR just as the rush on the stores was getting started a few weeks back, and I'm eager to learn as much as I can about this topic.
I don't imagine I have much to contribute at this stage, but I've been, and will be reading and soaking up.
thanks for offering up a platform to share and learn, see you around.
jon

Jon, I was a lurker here for many years and can tell you there is a wealth of knowledge floating around here. My advice is to train as much as you can, especially if personal defense is your angle. I am also a traditional archer, and very amateur bowyer. Ammo is in short supply, so you might be dry firing a bunch, but go through the motions. Most of all have fun, this is still a hobby.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Glad to be here, looking forward to learning, and have already learned a lot.

Home defense is a priority (family). Not an over the top prepper type, but I know enough history to know what happens when the police stop responding, or to an unarmed citizen population. I was able to squirrel away a little bit of ammo 9mm and 556 before things got scarce and expensive. I put in for my CHL in Mult. Co. On the day they closed the appointment book, so waiting on that. Took the class from Bryan at PDX Arsenal, and enjoyed that a lot. Good presentation and nice guys.

I'm always interested in trades (my labor as a tree guy) for gear, guns and ammo, or also training time, so please keep me mind!

Glad to meet an amateur bowyer! I do a bit of fletching, but no bows yet. I like old bows, partial to grayling, MI Bear bows.

Welcome to the forum Jon! SE PDX is a magical place er it can be at least. There are a few apartment buildings going up in neighborhoods without parking that put serious strain on the locals.
No kidding, we are just west of 82nd, so not super dense, but close enough to the Springwater trail to have some action.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top