JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sadly another local gun shop will be going out of business here in Hillsboro. Willamette Valley Arms will be closing on June 21, I have been in there a few times and have bought some mags and ammo from them. Which they seemed to have good prices on versus a lot of other places. They had pmags and Tapco mags at good prices during the panic.

They will be running a discount this week for those that are interested.

here is a link to their facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/wvagroup

That's sad to hear.....I'm in NE PDX so that's way far for me to go. However I did have a lengthy phone conversation with them a couple of years ago about getting me a certain gun. I thought the guy I spoke with was way friendly, full of info and willing to help me in my pursuit. And didn't I hear they were doing $10.00 transfers AND taking only 10% for consignment sales?

A shame for sure.

Mike

This really sucks!!!

All the guys/gals in this store are top notch. I wish I could have spent more in there, but will definitely be stopping by and spending some money before they are gone.

I wish them all the best in the future, and hope to see them back in business in some form in the future.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

My uncle went in the other day and was talking to the guys. Apparently they are only closing the shop. They are keeping the FFL and what is left of their inventory when they close. They may open another shop sometime in the future if they find a good location.

My uncle went in the other day and was talking to the guys. Apparently they are only closing the shop. They are keeping the FFL and what is left of their inventory when they close. They may open another shop sometime in the future if they find a good location.

and they were also talking about continuing to do transfers and stuff through one of their homes. But it was nice having a local shop to walk in to browse for the gun du jour/consignment piece of interest/used gun deal without having to drive to the gun broker in Tigard or some other out of the way place.

and they were also talking about continuing to do transfers and stuff through one of their homes. But it was nice having a local shop to walk in to browse for the gun du jour/consignment piece of interest/used gun deal without having to drive to the gun broker in Tigard or some other out of the way place.

I live only a mile and a half away from them. So it's going to suck having them close.

Went in today, got the last box of .380 they had left. They mentioned that they may try again in the future, so keep an eye on their website and facebook page.

They are selling out of stuff fast. They only had Ruger BX25 x2 Mags left for 10/22s, and I wanted a single version. Most of the ammo is gone, but there was still some 9mm, .38spcl, and some rifle calibers.

They stated that Cabela's opening in Tualatin later this summer, and the new Sportsmens in Tanasabourne is mostly what did them in. They simply cannot compete with 2 big box stores so close.

They are offering a discount until June 21st(last day:(), as well as a having a raffle for a Kel Tec KSG Shotgun. Tickets are $20 per. Hopefully people will go in and spend some $$$ at a truly great store before they close.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

It's a shame they're closing shop, but that location wasn't exactly....high traffic by any means. Took me 8-10 months to even realize they were back there, and then it was only through the referrals on this forum.

Great guys all around, and good to hear they're hanging onto that FFL and doing business from home.

yep, I'll miss the carwash-gunstore errand run.
every time I had a job in hillsboro id swing in to hopefully find something I couldn't live with out...but I surpassed the carwash and grabbed a beer at obrians instead...I like these guys. Ive bought lots from them and they always let me haggle. straight up guys!!

Went in today, got the last box of .380 they had left. They mentioned that they may try again in the future, so keep an eye on their website and facebook page.

They are selling out of stuff fast. They only had Ruger BX25 x2 Mags left for 10/22s, and I wanted a single version. Most of the ammo is gone, but there was still some 9mm, .38spcl, and some rifle calibers.

They stated that Cabela's opening in Tualatin later this summer, and the new Sportsmens in Tanasabourne is mostly what did them in. They simply cannot compete with 2 big box stores so close.

They are offering a discount until June 21st(last day:(), as well as a having a raffle for a Kel Tec KSG Shotgun. Tickets are $20 per. Hopefully people will go in and spend some $$$ at a truly great store before they close.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!
Unfortunately, then, they will have to pick a spot way away to get out of the gravitational pull of those big box stores.

I don't know how any of the small guys can stay in business when they don't have anything to sell. Through no fault of their own, Willamette Valley Arms lost money every time someone went in and asked for 22lr, or any other ammo. This was a good store that didn't have aisles of t-shirts, Duck Commander crap or something else for people to buy. When they can't get product, they can't sell it. I have a lot of respect for them opening when and where they did - it seemed obvious they were trying to live their dream any way they could.

I don't know how any of the small guys can stay in business when they don't have anything to sell. Through no fault of their own, Willamette Valley Arms lost money every time someone went in and asked for 22lr, or any other ammo. This was a good store that didn't have aisles of t-shirts, Duck Commander crap or something else for people to buy. When they can't get product, they can't sell it. I have a lot of respect for them opening when and where they did - it seemed obvious they were trying to live their dream any way they could.

I don't know what store you went into but they always had ammo when i went in there, They were constantly posing ads on Facebook about ammo shipments arriving.

That may have been an exaggeration but I have been in the store many times in the last 2 years and they did not have 22lr, 9mm, .223 or .45acp - just like everyone else. My point is that a small business that is unable to stock a very specific inventory will suffer more than a store that has multiple types of inventory.

Americans bought foreign autos, electronics, cameras. ..., then the corporations built factories overseas rather than rebuild the old ones here, then corporations outsourced the jobs to go with those factories, now Americans are buying their goods on the internet rather than small businesses at home. Small businesses are going to fold, just like Detroit. Not hard to figure. Soon it will just be big corporations, and eventually just one. It will most likely be foreign owned. "Those that demand cheap goods will end up living in a cheap world" ... old wives tale.

That may have been an exaggeration but I have been in the store many times in the last 2 years and they did not have 22lr, 9mm, .223 or .45acp - just like everyone else. My point is that a small business that is unable to stock a very specific inventory will suffer more than a store that has multiple types of inventory.

That's true. and before the closure announcement, the proprietors were saying that nobody was buying 22lr guns because there was no ammo for them.

stopped by today and they are getting pretty cleaned out. I try to support the small shops and I bet a lot of them are hurting if a place with a good rep goes under.

I went to Frontline arms this week ( <broken link removed> ). he did a custom order for me, had the gun in from his distributor overnight, and paid $50 less than if I ordered it through Buds. He even had a further discount if I paid in cash. That's the kind of service I like from the small shops and will keep me going back, but I cant imagine they made very much off of me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top