JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am new to reloading. I am loading some 40 cal. This is what I have:
Hodgdon Titegroup powder
10 mm semi wad cutters non plated by Precision Bullet.
I can't find anywhere that will give info on powder load.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Thanks but it doesn't show anything for exactly what I have. Should I assume that it is close enough? With the titegroup being so hot and the fact that it is 40 I was trying to be very couscous.

Since you never said what your bullet weight is it is hard to help you. Start with data for the same gr weight or less of the type of bullet you plan to use, whether jacketed or hollow point. Reduce max charge by 10% and work up. The shape of the bullet ie HP, round nose SWC, etc. doesn't matter. Pick a lead or jacketed load in the weight of bullet you are using and you should be good to go if you start low.

I found this info on the Precision bullet home page.Looks like they can be pushed quite fast if desired.I might have to try some of these.

You can fire our bullets at over 2000 feet per second with no leading and no copper fouling and no messy lubricants

Load them the same as a 180 gr. Tapper crimp only, no roll crimp. It is always good to have a cartridge length gauge to check finished ammo. If it fits in the gauge and is between min and max, should be good to go.

You are new to reloading, you NEED to buy and READ a good reloading manual that will walk you thru the basics. I started with the Lyman manual about 40 years ago. Lee makes a good one too. Both use generic information that applies to all reloading vs the ones that are bullet specific which generally push one product by one manufacturer. Neither Lyman or Lee sell bullets, primers or powder so they have no stake in selling those items. They make dies and bullet casting equipment only.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top