JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

Moved from CA 2 years ago and just got a CPL. Have had a pistol for a long time but in CA it was only for the range. Things are different up here.

In fact I am starting to think about building an AR-15. Have been reading all about it especially on the officer forum.

Wish there was a place to go buy parts around Seattle. Would like to pick up a receiver without having to do an FFL transfer. Looking for a lower receiver to get me started. Will probably get the upper online from BCM.

So looking for good shops and places to go shoot once I get the AR built. For now I have my HK USP 40. A little big for concealed carry but a nice gun.

Welcome to the NW.

In addition to the already mentioned Rainier Arms, a fine company BTW, you can check out <broken link removed> in Lakewood. Their online store has some good deals on stripped lowers.

IF you can find a BCM upper, they are GTG. I'd also recommend Spike's Tactical. Excellent quality and good prices. IMO a superior value. You can find them at JoeBobOutfitters.com or AIM Surplus Home They go out of stock quickly. Sign up for email alert at Aim.

You can find out a lot more about Black Rifle Disease on AR15.Com - Your Firearm Resource.

Surplus Ammo and Arms is where I normally purchase my lowers as well. As for parts, I buy those online through MidwayUSA normally. I've picked up several uppers here from folks on this site.

Thanks guys, I read the first 35 pages of this thread and the last 10. An amazing amount of info. I feel like I know what to look for now!

So you want to buy an AR-15, huh?

The BCM uppers are in stock at BCM. Lower I can do with any decent quality lower, Ranier sounds good, like the name. Will check out surplus and Ranier on Monday. Ranier lower is a little pricey for a stripped lower. But I like the name :)

I bought my first AR lower from SAA and like it very much. The price was right. Liked it so much I bought another one a year later just for having. If I had lots of money I would have bought something else but these lowers do just fine for my shooting habits.

<broken link removed>

If price of ffl transfer scares you I can get you a phone number of a guy doing ffl transfers for $20 + new tax. You can get lowers for $80 on sale online + transfer $100. I build m16a1 right now and I order all my parts online.

Thanks everyone.

Ffl transfer is mainly just a hassle, fees are not too bad. I will go take a look at Rainier Monday and surplus on Tuesday. Nice to lay hands on something. Seems that lowers are the one part where there might be issues of finish quality. The uppers and barrels are all machined well if you go with good brand.

If you had more money what would you go with for lower? If I got a Rainier lower it is as expensive as getting a cheap online lower and paying an ffl transfer fee. If I look at it Monday and it is machined well (no excess material, smooth edges) then I will just get it. With the cpl I can get it that day. They also sell magpul stuff which is what I might use to finish the lower (stock, grip, mag, etc)

check out Palmetto State armory for lower parts kits & lower build kits. Their prices are awesome, and they are responsive to customer service issues in my experience.

welcome to NWF ! looks like your picken up a few people to get ya where your going--i'v got a torch, and wirefeed ! friend of mine made a comment one day---thats all ya need, and you can make anything--LOL!!!

steven

Built it yesterday. Rainer Arms lower with LPK from Daniel Defense and the Daniel Defense M4 V3 upper kit. Pretty Complete. Added a bunch of Magpul stuff.

Took it to the range. Had to join at West Coast Armory in Bellvue to get access to indoor rifle range. Limited to 25 yds :( got it sighted in and put 100 rounds of Federal that I picked up at Surplus.

Thanks everyone ... Surplus and Rainer were great finds for me. I also found Quantico Tactical and Tactical Tailor in my travels. I wish I had know about the Tailor before I bought my case.

IMG1306-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"tr182doc" -- looks awesome !! sounds like you picked up on the right info here...... to get ya where you were going with the "ar" . i'm pretty sure if you look around the forums a little more, you'll find some info for open shooting in the hills .

good luck w/new "toy" !!.....steven

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top