JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Landline here - home telephone. No cellular telephone.

My husband and I have 99.9% of our telephone calls go to an answering machine. I turn OFF the answering machine if I know that someone is calling me right back.

However, sometimes when I have turned OFF the answering machine while waiting for the quick return telephone call - some telemarketer or a scam caller has called me and I answered it thinking that it was my 'return call'.

I have NO options or extra things on my basic home telephone service contract on purpose.

Telephone and an answering machine.

It is so bad now with scam calls and telemarketers that my husband and I turn OFF the ringers on the big telephone and on the portable telephones.

We look at the answering machine or portable telephone to see if it is blinking = a message has been left on it or it is a hang up call.

I have left a message saying, "Telemarketers - hang up now and do NOT call back!" That does not work. Sometimes, I use the generic male voice message on and take off the other one with my voice too.

If I get a political town hall telephone meeting call and KNOW ABOUT IT - I do listen to the message and participate in the meeting. Those are not that often. Sometimes, I miss the call and sometimes it is a LONG call with many other people on the line with the official calling from MT or from D.C.

The DO NOT CALL LIST is a joke too. They SELL your information even if they do not call you - they send you some junk mail. I had an insurance man and a few other people tell me that when I called them and told them to stop the JUNK MAIL. One man told me that it was LEGAL FOR HIM to buy it, the names/addresses on the DNC list, and mail me stuff because he was NOT calling me. He told me that outright. He was in MT. Some of them are from out of state too.

Caller ID gets spoofed a lot. And when I briefly tried ALL of those extra options for a landline years ago - we got even more calls and when you block one - they use another number stateside or a foreign number and call you again and again and AGAIN!

I have reported them in the past to the FTC, the FCC, the IRS, the local M police department, the local news, etc. ALL of the reporting gets you NOWHERE and, in fact, when they TELL you to report it - they sometimes don't want to TAKE THE REPORT or they tell you to call another number or send them an email with ALL OF THE INFORMATION - bla and bla.

I do not know if we will try another telephone system or company or not in the future.

They don't obey the DNC list rules and/or they ABUSE IT with junk mail.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top