JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi all, I'm trying to check off the tasks requested including this intro. I was born and raised on the Iowa farm my great great grandfather homesteaded in 1871 when he came to America by himself at age 16. We are lucky he got there late because the Spirit Lake Massacre killed all the immigrants around the lakes and he wasn't found out on the last pick prairie land. Long story short, our country and my lineage exists because of our ability to defend ourselves. My childhood included gun safety programs as a matter of fact because everyone hunted starting with 22s for small mammals, higher caliber for deer and shotguns for the pheasants and waterfowl. It was normal for everyone to have a gun rack in the back window of their pickup truck. Self defense wasn't an issue in the country but became important when I moved to a larger city and even more important moving to Portland. Today I find our city leaders are cutting back on our police when crime including homicide is escalating. I am amazed to see that they are pondering new laws to take away or hinder our last line of defense. I am here to lock arms with those who care about their communities and their families and commit to working hard to preserve those rights that are so needed, more today than ever. Thanks all for your support and friendship. This is a great group!

Great having you here. I'm really liking how this feature is causing everyone to engage.

Hope to see you at a Trash No Land cleanup sometime.

Lots of "gotta get that shiny 100%" going around. s0140.gif

Thanks JohnnyMac, great to connect with another supporter. Where in SW WA, we close?

Small world, did you live in the lakes area of Iowa? Originally born in Des Moines and lived in Spirit Lake for about a year before moving out here.
Get the heck outta Dodge! (Ft Dodge that is!) I graduated from SLHS after being born and raised there. What took you from the City to SL? And then here? How long have you been here? I moved in 1987.

I moved to SL with my college GF after we went to Iowa State (she was from a small farm town right outside Spencer). When that didnt work out, moved to Indiana (was working in the motorsports industry), went back to grad school and got an offer with Intel outta grad school, so me and the family moved out here about a year ago.

What brought you out this way?

Did you work at Indian while at Spirit Lake? So proud of that plant being in my home town! I majored in finance, insurance and risk management at Mankato State, hired by an insurance company out of Owatonna MN, eventually got promoted to be the first area manager for the Northwest. Loved it here so much I turned down promotions back to MN and to AZ. We got to get together and talk "Iowegian" some time! :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top