JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw for the first time that if you buy two handguns the same day, you have to (actually the FFL has to) turn in a ATF form 3310.4 (revised May 2012) and one copy goes to the ATF and one to the FFL's local PD. For my LGS the form goes to ATF National Tracing Center and Hillsboro PD and he keeps the third copy.

I do not live in Hillsboro, why should they get any information on me? What does the Hillsboro PD do with that information and what becomes of that form. Again I do not live in Hillsboro and in any case I would not be able to vote for the Police Chief, he (the Chief) is not concerned about my rights especially as a non-resident of Hillsboro

Why, if it has to go to the Local Law enforcement entity, does it not go to a more encompassing one like the Elected County Sherriff, who has an obligation to me the voter and County resident.

But wait there is more.....

Once you buy a handgun twice in a day, you can't buy another handgun for five business days.
Isn't that special.

It has likely been in effect forever, but new to me.

The FFL has to report to the ATF on certain multiple purchases by the same buyer.

But I am not aware of any regulation, much less a law, that mandates that a purchaser cannot buy more firearms or handguns within a given time period.

Cite?

The FFL has to report to the ATF on certain multiple purchases by the same buyer.

But I am not aware of any regulation, much less a law, that mandates that a purchaser cannot buy more firearms or handguns within a given time period.

Cite?
https://www.atf.gov/file/61426/download
Same as in previous answer, but not embedded. Read line 3 please.

Really not sure how you interpreted this;
Once you buy a handgun twice in a day, you can't buy another handgun for five business days.
From this;
https://www.atf.gov/file/61426/download
Same as in previous answer, but not embedded. Read line 3 please.

All line three says is that if more than one gun is purchased during any five-day period from the same dealer, then they are all subject to reporting on this form. No limit to the number of guns or the days when you can buy them.

Really not sure how you interpreted this;

From this;

All line three says is that if more than one gun is purchased during any five-day period from the same dealer, then they are all subject to reporting on this form. No limit to the number of guns or the days when you can buy them.
Then go ahead and buy two from one gun store this Monday and one me from another gun store Friday and see if it makes it thru the background check.... Let me know how that works for you.

It could be the FFL I was using had the information wrong, but you are welcome to find out for me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top