Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Another new guy from NW Orygun

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Fishaholic, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Fishaholic

Fishaholic Hillsboro, OR New Member

Just registered when a friend of mine told me about this site. Glad to see the shooting community is still alive and well given the latest push to eliminate that. Anyway, I've been living in Ore for only 5 yrs and absolutely love living in the PacNW. It sure as hell beats living in Cali where firearms are seen as evil. I've enjoyed outdoors activity all of my life since I was raised in the deep south and that's what people do there. I've been hunting and fishing most of my life and discovered the joy of duck hunting shortly after moving to Ore. I can't stop thinking about since my first outing now. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and hope I can share/learn some things with folks here.

-Brian

2. Silver Hand

Silver Hand Southern Oregon Coast Well-Known Member

Fishaholic- Did you say firearms were seen as evil. It must be the safest place in the world then, that state of California. I would venture a bet a man could walk the streets at night anywhere round that place.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Silver Hand

3. ma96782

ma96782 Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Welcome. IMHO you got one more step........if you didn't do it already........get a CCW. It's sort of an instant "badge" to carry around. Showing that you're one of the "good guys." Of course, it's still up to you if you choose to go around armed. But, I've found it useful when making a firearms deal/purchase face to face.

Not to mention, that you'll probably p%$$ off a LIBTARD.

Aloha, Mark

4. Fishaholic

Fishaholic Hillsboro, OR New Member

Mark,
    Yep, already done did that. Got my Orygun CHL as well as Utah. I'm currently waiting on my order for a Sig P938 to pack around with me. My current Baretta 8000F is too bulky to conceal. My first intro to the gun world in the PacNW was when I walked into a gun store and the first thing I saw as I opened the front door was a Barrett 50 for sale. They would put you UNDER the jail in the People's Republik of Kahleeforneeah if anyone saw that. I knew then that I was in the right place. It felt like I'd just been sprung from prison and I'm free to once again legally own the firearm of my choice.

If I p%$$ off a libtard, as you describe it, well, then, that's just icing on the cake.

5. Shotts4fun

Shotts4fun Lake Oswego New Member

Life long hunter, fisherman, and all around enthusiast. I was just recommended this forum by a friend. Happy I found it!

6. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

All Aboard welcome

7. ma96782

ma96782 Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Fishaholic,

Yup...I came from the Demokrapic Peoples Republik of Hawaii. Buying a fiream required jumping through hoops. Not to mention, the requirements for all transfers to be registered with the police dept.

I told my friend from AZ (he still lives in HI) about buying a firearm here in WA and all he could say was.........

"That's freedom."

Aloha, Mark