JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My first milsurp, a Mosin Nagant M44. Went all over town looking for one in decent condition. I finally found this one at Big 5, ten minutes before they closed. I can't wait to take this out :)

Well they are expensive.. at a guess .30 cents a round..

I only keep them in mind for last minute ammo purchases! But hell at the last minute some ammo is better than no ammo!

Internet is always better but Aloha has it almost always.. plus I was in there looking just this afternoon..

Didn't buy anything though....

Boo, just called Aloha Surplus and it's 100 rounds for $39.99.

Transformerguru, is that a local place or mail order?

So Jenny and I were at Gun Broker today and I noticed wrapped in brown paper and tied off with twine what appeared to be some surplus ammo. I asked the girl what caliber it was and, low and behold, it was 7.62x54! $5.99 for 20 rounds, or $.30/round. If I were to purchase a tin of 440 it would be around $.25/round once you factor in shipping costs, so I'd say that's pretty good for a local purchase. Picked up 140 rounds for $42.

Nice Joey! Those are great rifles. True classics.

The rifle used by such greats as Vasily Zaitsev and Simo Hayha.

And of course the great Simo Hayha did his shooting with irons only!

Graf and Son's has brass. If you slug the bore, the Mosin "should" have a .311 bore same as 303 British. RL-15 is a good powder.

Mosin's can be made to shoot. There's an aftermarket trigger for them and plenty of web info on accurizing.

I have one of the ex-snipers, a 1943 Tula. I bought it when Aztec International was still open. I swapped out the trigger spring from another Mosin and it shoots very well with funky Wolf ammo.

ZM

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads