Another new addition

Joe Link

Reactions
My first milsurp, a Mosin Nagant M44. Went all over town looking for one in decent condition. I finally found this one at Big 5, ten minutes before they closed. I can't wait to take this out :)

Reactions
Well they are expensive.. at a guess .30 cents a round..

I only keep them in mind for last minute ammo purchases! But hell at the last minute some ammo is better than no ammo!

Internet is always better but Aloha has it almost always.. plus I was in there looking just this afternoon..

Didn't buy anything though....

OP
Joe Link

Joe Link

Reactions
So Jenny and I were at Gun Broker today and I noticed wrapped in brown paper and tied off with twine what appeared to be some surplus ammo. I asked the girl what caliber it was and, low and behold, it was 7.62x54! $5.99 for 20 rounds, or $.30/round. If I were to purchase a tin of 440 it would be around $.25/round once you factor in shipping costs, so I'd say that's pretty good for a local purchase. Picked up 140 rounds for $42.

Reactions
Nice Joey! Those are great rifles. True classics.

The rifle used by such greats as Vasily Zaitsev and Simo Hayha.

And of course the great Simo Hayha did his shooting with irons only!

Reactions
Graf and Son's has brass. If you slug the bore, the Mosin "should" have a .311 bore same as 303 British. RL-15 is a good powder.

Mosin's can be made to shoot. There's an aftermarket trigger for them and plenty of web info on accurizing.

I have one of the ex-snipers, a 1943 Tula. I bought it when Aztec International was still open. I swapped out the trigger spring from another Mosin and it shoots very well with funky Wolf ammo.

ZM

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom