Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Another Negligent Discharge Shooting @ Gunshow!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by fyrediver, Apr 14, 2013.

1. fyrediver

fyrediver Seattle Active Member

2. jb11

jb11 salem Active Member

Not good.

3. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I keep wondering if the anti-gun nuts are going in and loading guns, hoping this will happen so they can shut down the shows.

4. tanzuki

tanzuki Salem Active Member

You gotta wonder how that is even possible with the precautions that gun shows take with breaching the weapon and zip tying the chamber open. I guess if someone didn't declare that they had a loaded firearm in their possession is the only way I see it possible .

fyrediver and (deleted member) like this.
  5. chase

chase Wilsonville, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I hope they are both prosecuted. The vendor and trigger man. Theres no reason for a ND.

6. Thumper

Thumper Vancouver, WA Life Member Lifetime Supporter

Very sad....

7. BDA.45

BDA.45 oregon Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Hmmmmmm, negligence on both party's parts. Although there are people sent out there for this specific reason, to load a gun for future misuse, its still negligence. Ill say it for the umpteenth time.... Dude should have cleared the gun himself. I was in such a position today; multiple people handling same firearm, not once did someone NOT check to see if it was clear. EVERYONE cleared the same firearm multiple times before handing to next person, who then himself cleared said firearm.

8. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

+1

9. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

As busy as the shows are nowa days ,it's easy to guess they could be loaded at any time.And if I want to check the action,I want it untied to do so.
    These guys bring in 25-50 firearms and some they probably tested out to see if they wanted to keep. Then forgot to unload them.

deen_ad,I wear a tin hat and I hope you are wrong,but it could easily be done.
    Maybe vendors need to start running those alarm cables through the barrels?

It is always the vendors fault.They are the ones who should be CLEARING THEN HANDING the weapons to the patrons.
    Always ASSuming the patron is stupid.
    When I hand someone a gun the slide/cylinder/action is always OPEN

carracer and (deleted member) like this.
  10. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Not as sad as your statement.
    That one is getting old

11. kumabear17

kumabear17 Issaquah Active Member

Maybe it's all the new shooters and the lack of a place they can learn safe firearm handling. It amazes me at a store when the sales person clears the weapon, hands it to a customer who just proceeds to point the gun all over without clearing it themselves. Even my wife knows not to trust me and re-clears a gun when I hand it to her. You can't cure stupid, but we have to try.

12. CascadeSam

CascadeSam Portland Oregon Active Member

I wonder if any attendees at the show dove for cover and reached for their own gun? :paranoid: Here's the incentive for the next gun-grabber bill calling for the removal of triggers on all retail display guns.

13. Chunky Milk

Chunky Milk Springtucky Member

i personally witnessed (from 15 feet away no less) a ND at a gun show back in November, it was after the show had closed during vendor hours, one of my neighbors had a loaded Glock 17 in his bag and he was rooting around it trying to find something and BAM! fortunately the gun was pointed down and the bullet went into the carpeted floor, bounced off the cement underneath, and hit the bottom of his table. no body injured. security immediately jumped on him and owner of the show came running over and started screaming at him "WHY DO YOU HAVE A LOADED GUN IN THE SHOW". Needless to say he was in the back of a police car in less than 3 minutes. again i witnessed this from about 15 feet away, funny thing is that i would have not been there if i had not had to come back inside because i forgot my jacket at my table.

keep in mind when you ND a firearm in a gunshow, you are blacklisted for life!!!! its just not worth it especially if you make your living at shows. dont take a loaded gun to the shows, its not hard!!!! not to mention the fact that if you harm or kill someone, you are going to have to live with that for the rest of your life.......probably behind bars

14. BSG 75

BSG 75 Oregon Well-Known Member

Another negligent discharge, even worse.

9-year-old girl dies after accidental shooting in Oregon City | OregonLive.com

15. Slowpoke

Slowpoke Beaverton Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

That really sucks. I heard sirens around that time, but didn't know what was going on. Not that it would have mattered.

Could have been a "new" gun owner, who didn't know what they were doing. You know, the one that never owned a firearm before, but jumped on the bandwagon in the last few months. Maybe I'm wrong.

Either way, adds fuel for the anti-gun crowd unfortunately.

16. FourTeeFive

FourTeeFive PNW Washington State Active Member

I personally watched a VENDOR at the Lynden gun show, upon being asked if a Glock has a safety, fuss around with the various controls trying to figure out if it did.

Really? Seriously? I don't care if it isn't loaded; if you don't know, you shouldn't be the guy in charge of showing it to people.

17. RifleEnthusiast

RifleEnthusiast Close to Oregon City Active Member

Aren't these guns supposed to be unloaded, actions tied open by law?

fyrediver and (deleted member) like this.
  18. RifleEnthusiast

19. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Who in their right mind "pulls the trigger" on a freakin gun inside a building?

20. RifleEnthusiast

Dry firing a center-fire gun is a great learning experience on trigger control and pulling the trigger without jerking it. However, my personal rule is, whenever I intend to fuss with a gun indoors, first thing is drop magazine, double check chamber visually and by sticking my finger inside, pull trigger once with it pointing in a safe direction.