JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
thats the one I was talking about. I know it doesn't fit the narrative most folks like to believe, but anyone can be a piece of trash. Right, left, white, black, communist, cop, etc.
So are you saying (you think) the driver mentioned was, "a piece of trash" with an agenda?

Narrative needs no basis in fact.

I was telling my wife yesterday, if she wanted to leave the house and I blocked her from leaving the home, once the PoPo gets there, I am going to jail.

In my own house - with my own wife.

Just caught this.

Please explain.
I've seen the video, to me it just looks like a group of morons have partially blocked the interstate with a couple unlighted vehicles, and when the Jag driver comes along he swerves to miss the vehicles and accidentally plows down a couple idiots. Sad, but I'm not sure I see any malice here:

I've seen the video, to me it just looks like a group of morons have partially blocked the interstate with a couple unlighted vehicles, and when the Jag driver comes along he swerves to miss the vehicles and accidentally plows down a couple idiots. Sad, but I'm not sure I see any malice here:

He knows.

did you see the part where the cops barricaded the freeway onramp for the safety of the protestors? Or where the driver drove up an off ramp to avoid the police barricades to get there in the first place?

regardless of whether a group of protestors are 'morons' or 'unlighted' or not, it sure takes some initiative to drive up an off ramp and into a protest, and some horrible eyesight for all the street lamps and your own cars headlights to not illuminate what's in front of you. For all I know though, the guy could have been thoroughly incompetent and blind, however, I think I'll side with Occam's razor on this one.

did you see the part where the cops barricaded the freeway onramp for the safety of the protestors?
Yes, I also saw the place where they're now doing the right thing and keeping the interstate traffic lanes free of obstructions. A little too late unfortunately.

Or where the driver drove up an off ramp to avoid the police barricades to get there in the first place?
Yep, not sure what was on his mind there, but I don't see any evidence of malice. I'm willing to weigh any such evidence you might present though.

Yes, I also saw the place where they're now doing the right thing and keeping the interstate traffic lanes free of obstructions. A little too late unfortunately.

Yep, not sure what was on his mind there, but I don't see any evidence of malice. I'm willing to weigh any such evidence you might present though.

I'm not going to pretend to be a lawyer and present evidence or assume intent, all we have are our opinions. With that in mind, is it not suspicious that he drove up an off ramp to avoid police barricades? Is that common, normal or rational behavior in your opinion?

In my opinion, you have to consciously try very hard to do all that. It can be done coincidentally, if enough things fall into place, but as I said, Occam's Razor makes more sense to me. As in, someone who wanted to hit protestors, hit protestors. I could be wrong, it will be interesting to hear what the driver might have to say.

Occam's Razor makes more sense to me.

'Occam's razor' has nothing to do with confirmation bias.

Occam's razor, Ockham's razor, Ocham's razor (Latin: novacula Occami) or law of parsimony (Latin: lex parsimoniae) is the problem-solving principle that "entities should not be multiplied without necessity."

I could be wrong, it will be interesting to hear what the driver might have to say.

What about the 'he was a white supremacist racist!' narrative a few days ago...?

Occam's Razor makes more sense to me
I'm not sure that means what you think it means.

The simplest explanation, it seems to me, would be that he decided to take the interstate despite it being blocked off, and didn't expect the roadway to be blocked. He then swerved to miss the cars he saw at the last minute, nearly lost control in the process, and while recovering control of his vehicle, struck a few people who were standing in a poorly illuminated part of the roadway.

Watching the video seems to bear this analysis out.

That's what Occam tells me, barring evidence to the contrary.

What about the 'he was a white supremacist racist!' narrative a few days ago...?
I'm waiting for that moment when someone asks "What would you say if the driver were black and the victims were white?" but the use by date for that scenario is probably past.

Unlawfully detaining another citizen is a crime. Trying to do it by impersonating a traffic cone has it's drawbacks.
Just snotted coffee outta my nose... again... :s0140:

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews