JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was at the Springfield, OR Cabela's yesterday and looked over a couple of Mosins to kill time as my Wife wondered off to the mall. A 91/30 with interesting stock repair. Then an M38. All matching numbers, nice receiver finish, no cleaning rod or sling though. Looking at the stock and found it not cut for side folding bayonet. $350, would have let it pass untill I noticed the rear site had the upper numbers milled off. A 91/59!!!!!
I've only seen 2 before and 1 is in my safe. Not ultra-rare but close. Was a busy day to buy a gun, took 45 min. just in line to get on the NICS system. Cabela's sold a lot that day. Then number 140 for background check and 2+ hours wait for that. When I was done new NICS were going into the 220's..
I like the Mosins, got into them when they were cheap and have been gathering more ever since. Have a good ammo supply as well, these don't just gather dust.

I like the shorties also, I've got a 59 with an ati polymer stock. I'm looking for a wood stock to swap out.It also has a clamp on muzzle brake and is a flame thrower, it is a real smile maker by all who pull the trigger :D

I cut down a 91/30 to use with a t53. Bought repro top wood. Here is the result IMG_20150627_090630.jpg
The conversion wasn't too hard, the hole for the front dog collar gave me a fit. The stock had to be relieved for the rear sight sleeve/base.

Last Edited:
The short Mosins have always been a favorite of mine. Always thought if I had to have just one Mosin it'd be an M38 or M91/59.

I've always regretted selling my old M44 that I picked up in a pawn shop ages ago. Beautiful shape, barely looked like a milsurp, and I think I paid $70 for it including the background check.

Been glancing at the M38 and M44 prices while thinking of replacing it, and I'm kicking myself plenty.

Great score!

I have 3 carbines, a m38, t53, and Hungarian m44.. Love all of them.. I traded off my 91/59 and a beauty of a Hungarian m44 last year but looking for another 91/59 and hex 91/30 soon.

Sweet score, I would love a crate.. Got project for coffee table. Which lgs? Laminate hex be cool

https://gunrunnerarms.com/ Junction City, Oregon
Everybody does coffee tables. I mounted the crate on the wall in my gun room and filled it with all things Mosin. Of course pictures are needed. Will have my daughter come over and get some and post them for me.

My 91/59 is my favorite shooter just because it's so handy and the fireballs are uber cool. For accuracy though my M27 Finn is the choice plus the trigger is so nice compared to their Russian cousins.
Lately I have been shooting the carbines more with light lead loads. It's easier on my old body. The M39 never really took to the lead bullets and yesterday I found out why. Tore it down to work on the feed interrupter, had my good glasses on and looked down the bore. Bright and shiny as a mirror, but the rifling was near gone. No need to play with the interrupter any more. So I pulled an M28 out of safe and gave it a good cleaning and inspection. Looks like today will be a good to warm up that one.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top