JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have another 91/59 but there are no original markings on it. No stamp on the tang either. A little depressing not knowing the background. Doing research last night and I find there were a batch of 59's that were "sanitized". So I stumbled onto a Mosin I did not even know existed. I don't gamble or play lotteries as I have no luck but this time good luck came through. But now knowing what it is I will not sell it as I told my Wife I had planned to originally.

O.P. I feel your pain I have a SKS habit, we have meetings once a week here at the library.
SKS Anonymous. You have made the first step by admitting you have a problem.

Its rough , ya know how....

You start off buying Soviet M91/30 then sneaking out at night to buy a Soviet M38,
then your friends come over and tell you there is a gun show. You go there
and you see a Russian M91, you know what it will lead to but you make the buy.
You start dreaming about Tula's and Izhevsk's then your out all weekend looking for Finnish M24's. Before you know it you sell your car, and Ak-47 to buy more.
You have to admit you have a problem and that is the first step.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember you shooting one of your Fin Mosins some years back, out Poodle Creek IIRC? I was impressed with the long range accuracy.

I sold my Russian SKS when I moved a few years ago and rather regret it now. I'm headed to the Albany show Saturday, but just to look. Can't afford to buy another. :(

I remember you shooting one of your Fin Mosins some years back, out Poodle Creek IIRC? I was impressed with the long range accuracy.

That M39 is one heck of a shooter, everybody should try them at least once. Have not shot there since the police ran everyone off 4-5 years ago. I'm in Benton county now and shoot 5 miles away at a place west of Monroe. A down the road neighbor has a 100 yard range and he hung a gong out at 425 yards for me. Don't go there often as I don't want to abuse the privilege.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top