JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Reno I'm not losing sight of the "enthusiast". I get that totally.
We know. We know Taurus has had a history. We know Glocks are essentially going to work 99.999999% of the time. We like guns. We spend a sizable amount of time on gun forums. We read gun blogs. We have range memberships. We own multiple guns. We shoot often.

Dude/dudette that never owned a gun in his/her life, at a shop that isn't biased, holding a Sig 365 in the right hand and this in one the left? Knows nothing about Sig or Taurus, features virtually identical. Capacity's the same if not better with the Taurus. Taurus is $100-$150 less. Thats an extra magazine or few boxes of ammo, maybe a small handgun safe!

When I bought my 1st. There were Glocks in the display. Want to know why I didn't even look at them? They were butt F'ing ugly! The stainless two tone PT111 and it's size and capacity was the reason I picked it. That and the price. The shop was Cabelas, they didn't hustle me about Taurus's reputation, or anything like that. I bought $50 in ammo and a spare mag at the same time.

Shoot our gov has given thousands of dollar to everyone and allowed people to sit at home on unemployment making more than most of us working. Nah, the whole "I can't afford an extra $50-100" line is BS. If you can save $350 for a handgun, you can save $450 and buy a better one that will reliably save your life.
Are you ok dude? I'm not real appreciative of all this "BS" about my lived experience. Despite what you think, not everyone is going to prioritize a good gun over a cheap gun, so long as they have a gun at all. It's been proven again and again and is exactly why many sub par brands have the market share they do. One may well prioritize buying a TV, or fixing their car over a better gun. Or just saving the cash. I never said they can't afford the extra money. I said it can make a difference as to whether they purchase one or none.

Are you ok dude? I'm not real appreciative of all this "BS" about my lived experience. Despite what you think, not everyone is going to prioritize a good gun over a cheap gun, so long as they have a gun at all. It's been proven again and again and is exactly why many sub par brands have the market share they do. One may well prioritize buying a TV, or fixing their car over a better gun. Or just saving the cash. I never said they can't afford the extra money. I said it can make a difference as to whether they purchase one or none.
Yes, I apologize if that came across pointed at you. It wasn't meant to, it was a generalization. I've read so many times how a cheap gun is all someone can afford but the dollar amount between cheap and good is negligible. Again, the reliability or lack thereof, customer service or lack thereof is worth the few extra dollars.

Internet reputations are hard to shake, that's for sure. I'm all for a large selection in any given category. Not all of us are "blessed" with buying what others view as a superior product the first time around. I've personally had nothing but good experiences with seven Taurus guns in my time, that's not to say others have had the same experience. As stated here all the time, if you don't care for it move on. I have a friend that thinks his SCCY is the best thing since sliced bread. I don't tend to agree or talk down to them, I just keep to myself as not to come across as arrogant. But that just my personality, it takes all kinds to make a village. Now, can we get back closer to the original topic already? I'd hate to have a mod get involved, oh wait……….

I get the stigma they've had. My first true gun was a XD45 back when, ended up selling it to my brother since he had nothing. I then picked up a FNX 9 which my enthusiastic friend assured me was the bees knees, that gun was a problem child and picky with ammo up until 1400rnds broke it in. Was having problems cycling reliably with most common plinking ammo. When I fed it 9mm NATO it rocked!.

Ended up trading that away to a member here as I simply didn't feel confident with it myself and wasn't wild about the handling grip and safety placement. Had a SIG320 in 45 pop it's guide rod out while firing, only 300rnds thru it all because SIG factory forgot to put in a retainer nut at the end (washer). Then a shield 45 dropped mags due to faulty followers. A Ruger security 9 compact kept failing to extract or would double feed.

I am willing to try a variety of gats provided they go bang when I pull the trigger and hit what I point at reliably. You get lemons with anything tbf.

I hear stellar praise for the g2c/3c pistols. If it makes it thru a few hundred at the range and has good accuracy and doesn't malfunction I'd consider putting it on the CC rotation which rotates based on a plethora of reasons on a given day with me.

To each their own exp but I'll go by what the MIL taught me with old beat up M4s "your weapon should inspire confidence"

The TX22 is my favorite pistol. I've got 50k on mine. Thing is simply fun to shoot.

I saw this and got excited that they are utilizing a similar trigger to the TX22. I have no need for a micro, but if they start making bigger pistols using it, I'll definitely be interested.
You inspired me to get a tx22. Looking for a competition model for the dot mount...no luck so far but it's only a matter of time. Rural King has one but they no longer ship to FFL's not names Rural King. :-/.

After range firing all 30 soldiers would disassemble their 45s, throw the parts in some sort of solution, slosh it around a bit, and then reassemble from whatever parts came to hand. And those functioned reliably time after time. Never gave it a thought about being too big or heavy when using a hip holster.

So that was 50 years ago and I've owned and sold many revolvers and pistols since then. Flat out accuracy and dependability goes to my Ruger P89. I own a Glock but have never made it through a box of ammo without a problem. But I wouldn't condemn a brand just because of my experience and I don't waste time on YouTube videos from self-proclaimed experts. I wouldn't hesitate to try a Taurus if I felt it met my needs. I'd still have my Charter Arms 38 as a backup regardless.

You inspired me to get a tx22. Looking for a competition model for the dot mount...no luck so far but it's only a matter of time. Rural King has one but they no longer ship to FFL's not names Rural King. :-/.

The TX22 is the only Taurus I would consider buying. I've heard really good things about it (keyholing aside) from several members here. I've actually recommended it to a few. Too bad it's an exception to the norm.

What makes the GX4 a better choice than a 12 round G3C? Don't seem that much different dimensionally. I'm neither pro nor anti Taurus btw.
I didnt see much of an improvement on size either. I have alot of Taurus pistols and revolvers and have had more over the years and never needed the warranty. I personally dont see the need for this one because I already have plenty of compacts but I would give it a try if it fit the need.

Some people buy cheap firearms because they need it NOW not later after saving more to afford a better one. Many buy cheap because they may not be completely sure they even want one, but the security of having one is comforting in their current situation whatever that may be. They may decide to get rid of it down the road or may just keep it and buy a better one when they can afford it. If it is the latter we will see them eventually at the GA (Gunaholics anonymous) meetings.

Got to shoot this side by side with the 365 and Hellcat. I like it. It's also $300 on a few sites right now. Might get one here soon. The 13 round mag was very easy to control. It's only a little bigger and .1" wider than my DB9.

Jeez I reread my comments in this thread and I'll admit they are a little harsh. Especially since a TX-22 lives in my safe and I admit I like it. A lot.

Apologies for my posts guys, although I'm still not a Taurus fan I AM a TX-22 fan. :)

Jeez I reread my comments in this thread and I'll admit they are a little harsh. Especially since a TX-22 lives in my safe and I admit I like it. A lot.

Apologies for my posts guys, although I'm still not a Taurus fan I AM a TX-22 fan. :)
Never thought I'd see the day (just ribbin ya). I love my TX22, it just keeps going and going. I've only oiled it when new and that's it. Shoot it suppresses only and have close to 4000 rounds through it with zero gun related malfunctions. Only ammo that were duds that wouldn't fire in any other guns as well.

Never thought I'd see the day (just ribbin ya). I love my TX22, it just keeps going and going. I've only oiled it when new and that's it. Shoot it suppresses only and have close to 4000 rounds through it with zero gun related malfunctions. Only ammo that were duds that wouldn't fire in any other guns as well.

Haha neither did I. But after @Reno's review and others like you recommending it I had to give it a try. So far it has cycled everything I've fed it with good accuracy. I mounted a Burris FF3 on mine (Comp model) and honestly it's just damn fun to shoot.

My previous experiences with Taurus were abysmal. I owned one of their revolvers and one of their autos, both were junk and really soured me on the brand.

I'll back off on my Taurus ripping, the TX-22 is a keeper. :)

This little guy reminds me of the TX22. It has similar features. It's amazing 11 rounds fit in it.

I was finally able to get two others that have 3 out of the 10-20(?) micro 9s available to try. Out of the 3, I'm honestly surprised I liked the Taurus the most. I've shot the Sig before and I liked it. It actually lost to the Springfield too. The Springfield felt better in the hand. The Taurus even more. The Taurus had less crap on it than the Springfield. It tied with the Sig for less slide serrations, edges, and no optic cut. Which I'm not really interested in in a conceal carry.

I still want to try the Ruger. I would like to be able to do a side by side like I did the other day. It was nice getting to compare 3 high capacity micros against my tiny DB9.

The Ruger loses on paper for various reasons. Like not having a better metal treatment, I just know I'll cause it to rust!

Nitride and stainless seem to do well with me. The Taurus is fully nitrided. With stainless frame.

Haha neither did I. But after @Reno's review and others like you recommending it I had to give it a try. So far it has cycled everything I've fed it with good accuracy. I mounted a Burris FF3 on mine (Comp model) and honestly it's just damn fun to shoot.

My previous experiences with Taurus were abysmal. I owned one of their revolvers and one of their autos, both were junk and really soured me on the brand.

I'll back off on my Taurus ripping, the TX-22 is a keeper. :)
This post had me thinking back to how many I've owned.

I've owned a Gen 1 and 2 PT111s. The mil pro PT111. The TCR which I carried for 2-3 years. One of their aluminum framed 1911s. The 24/7. A judge at one point briefly. Two misc revolvers in 38, I don't really recall the model numbers. Two TX22s, and a 22lr revolver.

I think there might be one or two I'm forgetting. I've "rented" a lot of guns in my time.

I'm not stating they are anything perfect, they certainly have had issues. I'm lucky to have never experienced the need to return my gun for service or receive a lemon from all their stuff.

I know that's not saying much, but I still see their products as viable options for many roles. This little GX4 is certainly looking up to be a great winter carry option. Especially now that ive got a good belt and good holster company for appendix carry.

I own a quite a few popular small handguns and the GX4 fits my hand very well, especially with that palm swell. It points very naturally and the trigger is phenomenal for the price. Only shot a few mags through it so don't have any long term data. Won't be getting rid of it though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top