JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agreed. Price is really going to be the kicker for Taurus. At its current price, its outmatched. If it drops to or below $300, that will be it's key feature.

At $249, it would sell to people who don't know any better than to try and save a buck.

If it's anything like my TX22 I bought on a dare, it'll sell like hotcakes. I'm no Taurus fan but that little thing gets ABUSED and keeps going. My suppressor lives on it and keeps it dirty. I haven't cleaned it yet, only lubed and am well over 1500 rounds. Zero ftf's. Hopefully this 9mm will be as reliable, I'd buy one just for an extra center console gun or something.
The TX22 is my favorite pistol. I've got 50k on mine. Thing is simply fun to shoot.

I saw this and got excited that they are utilizing a similar trigger to the TX22. I have no need for a micro, but if they start making bigger pistols using it, I'll definitely be interested.

His rear sight also drifted off center his 2nd shooting trip. But it does accept Glock sights which is a plus at the very least.

I don't see a reason to go away from my 365 yet tbh.
I sure hope you aren't considering ditching your 365 for this offering. As a matter of fact, I hope anyone who already carries a Glock, Sig, Springfield or Ruger doesn't plan on replacing their EDC with a Taurus.

I sure hope you aren't considering ditching your 365 for this offering. As a matter of fact, I hope anyone who already carries a Glock, Sig, Springfield or Ruger doesn't plan on replacing their EDC with a Taurus.
Nah only one I'd jump ship to is the shield plus. I'd try the Taurus at a range and get hands on but no my 365 offers better features out of box than this.

The TX22 is my favorite pistol. I've got 50k on mine. Thing is simply fun to shoot.

I saw this and got excited that they are utilizing a similar trigger to the TX22. I have no need for a micro, but if they start making bigger pistols using it, I'll definitely be interested.
I wanted to the see the TX22 but in 9mm. That's what I thought they may have been doing but micros the flavor of the month currently.

I wanted to the see the TX22 but in 9mm. That's what I thought they may have been doing but micros the flavor of the month currently.

Exactly. All these manufacturers can't wait to offer a micro-9 and market it as invisible to conceal. All that does is give us more people with guns they can't shoot for s*** in their holsters. Sigh........

A 9mm with a similar trigger would be pretty great. The triggers on their G series are pretty horrible.

You buy this while you wait for the PSA Dagger, the ultimate ghost gun?
This is the only one I've seen in the wild.

There are a lot of people that $50 +/- makes a big difference to. Even more so where $100 matters. I've had two coworkers now buy a Taurus G3C instead of a glock 19 as I suggested, ENTIRELY because of the price. Even told one I'd sell him a G23 for $400 and that was too much. Point is, this Taurus is under $400 and it's competition is even thinking about the $500 mark, off the shelves it will fly. I see it all the time where young couples are handling the 3 cheapest guns in the case as a home defense gun.

There are a lot of people that $50 +/- makes a big difference to. Even more so where $100 matters. I've had two coworkers now buy a Taurus G3C instead of a glock 19 as I suggested, ENTIRELY because of the price. Even told one I'd sell him a G23 for $400 and that was too much. Point is, this Taurus is under $400 and it's competition is even thinking about the $500 mark, off the shelves it will fly. I see it all the time where young couples are handling the 3 cheapest guns in the case as a home defense gun.
See I call BS on the whole $50 or $100 thing for most people. If someone is looking to invest in a handgun, and money matters, I think saving an additional $50-100 is completely doable for almost anyone. If money is really that tight, they would be better off looking at used stuff or even a cheap scatter gun for home defense. Taurus doesn't price their stuff like they do for any other reason than to be cheaper in the case. It's not about really trying to do any good for folks on a budget. And the offerings they market so freely to people "on a budget" are sub par unreliable junk. So that $50-100 "saved" is spent on warranty returns or a gunsmith. Nah, not worth it. For anyone.

Good point.

Taurus may be hated on but they, like others (think Anderson Manufacturing), are putting lots of guns in the hands of a lot of Americans. Making a "gun owner" out of someone that might not have been otherwise.

This gun might be a stepping stone to concealed carry. Which is how I look at it, since the 1st pistol I bought when I turned 21 was a Taurus PT111. I carried it too. I knew nothing like I do now, but that's besides the point.

For me, as I have no real interest in these micro double stacks, I see this as a good inexpensive back up. Have your main CCW be something like the 365 or Hellcat, have this in the trunk with a holster.

Always more better good when there are options. Lots of options.

Shoot our gov has given thousands of dollar to everyone and allowed people to sit at home on unemployment making more than most of us working. Nah, the whole "I can't afford an extra $50-100" line is BS. If you can save $350 for a handgun, you can save $450 and buy a better one that will reliably save your life.

See I call BS on the whole $50 or $100 thing for most people. If someone is looking to invest in a handgun, and money matters, I think saving an additional $50-100 is completely doable for almost anyone. If money is really that tight, they would be better off looking at used stuff or even a cheap scatter gun for home defense. Taurus doesn't price their stuff like they do for any other reason than to be cheaper in the case. It's not about really trying to do any good for folks on a budget. And the offerings they market so freely to people are sub par unreliable junk. So that $50-100 "saved" is spent on warranty returns or a gunsmith. Nah, not worth it. For anyone.
J, I think there is a lot of truth in that statement by @TTSX .

I chose a Taurus as my very first handgun, as it was under $300. At that time of my life, that was a lot of money to spend on something I wasn't sure if I even needed. I didn't know what I know now, nor did I really have anyone guiding my purchases. I wasn't an enthusiast at that time. I don't think I even knew what a Glock was back then. I was Still in school, barely shot guns at that time. Yet I wanted to buy one and was frugal. I imagine many are like this, even with the government stimulus moneys.

Don't forget to remove the gun enthusiast lens!

The reason I say "50/50" when talking about a Taurus handgun, is because that is literally my experience with them - one good, one locked up after a box of ammo due to the cylinder gap being out of spec. Then there is their customer service, which by most accounts, sucks.

@Reno I'm not losing sight of the "enthusiast". I get that totally. But Taurus sucks. Not just their lousy guns, but their CS is known to be atrocious. That's a bad combo man.