JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi from Eastern Ontario Canada. Canada is that place north of you where we are sitting on a precipice between outright banning of handguns like the UK or getting civilian concealed carry like the US.
Who knows which way we'll go.;)
Check out canadacarry.org and see that we are not all liberal sheep up here!

PS How do I upload my avatar? I use this program alot but I can't make it work.

Pat

Welcome Pat! I think you are the first to join from Ontario. :s0155:

Did you also come over from CGN? Let's hope that Canada moves to liberalize ATC permits. Realistically, what do you think the chances are of that happening? I know that most provinces have opted out of the registry, is it possible for the CFO's to decide on their own to start issuing the ATCs or does it have to be done country wide? Thanks for the tip on http://www.canadacarry.org I'll be sure to give it a look.

Sorry I don't know how to upload avatar's but I believe there is a sticky on it somewhere...

Realistically it will take a court decision like the one in Texas in the 80's. The right to self-defence is firmly entrenched in our constitution and our criminal code. There ARE civilians in Canada given this ATC (authorization to carry) for the protection of life, but their numbers are so small is to make the law illusiory.
Someone has to take the government to task when they are injured or killed and demand to know why they aren't allowed to have a tool for self-defence.
In the mean time we are building our knowledge base and trying to get ready for the right opportunity.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top