JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The article stated old man said something to the attacker's GF. The attacker returned to the lobby, likely after being told by his lady that old man said something about her lack of mask.

That's pretty thin to put the blame on old dude.
Whatever he said does not mean the young guy was in the right. It means the old guy made a choice to tell someone else he did not like what they were doing. Being in the right assuming he (old guy) was, does anyone think he feels it was a wise idea now? I have all my life gone about my life leaving others alone. It has worked out pretty well for me.

I can understand the fear that old people have, but COVID deaths seem to correlate with bad health rather than age. At 35 I would not call the puncher "Young People", he is just an *hole. This was not just a reaction, the jerk came back to the lobby and punched the old man until he was unconscious.

When you are over 70 years of age 35 seems young. And while I appreciate your view on Covid and "bad" health, I'm hanging with my doctor. At 70 a person becomes a risk patient if they develop Covid. Old folks know that and are speaking up.

And the thug? A fugitive and a dim one at this.

What I do agree with is not confronting a non-mask wearing person. It is much easier to move the suggested 6 feet. Absent that, if they start swinging, I start shooting. And there is no bluff in those words. My job required me to draw from under a suit coat in put 2 in the chest in 2 seconds. With 30 years of practice I haven't lost the knack.

It seems people still don't understand what masks do. People who don't believe masks help have no science to back it up with. Just their own opinion/feelings and nothing else.

A woman at the post office was not wearing a mask and came over next to me, shoulder to shoulder, to use a tape dispenser. No, I didn't "mind my own business". I asked the employee why they aren't enforcing the mask policy and this woman made a comment about how everyone should just care about themselves. I told her that's exactly what I'm doing and that I don't care about her one bit.

Face Mask Transmition differances.jpg

If the mask Karens and mask Todds commit to concealed carry to protect me from the potential threat from beyond, then I will commit to wear the sheep mask to protect them from the deadly plandemic promulgated threat from beyond.

A woman at the post office was not wearing a mask and came over next to me, shoulder to shoulder, to use a tape dispenser. No, I didn't "mind my own business". I asked the employee why they aren't enforcing the mask policy and this woman made a comment about how everyone should just care about themselves. I told her that's exactly what I'm doing and that I don't care about her one bit.

So, why didn't you just turn to the woman and ask if she didn't want to wear a mask, could she please keep her distance? Seems like you passive aggressively escalated the encounter, which is exactly why these things get out of hand.

I don't think the masks are ineffective - I just do not believe the Bat Flu is as contagious as PMSNBC says it is.

If it WAS, the homeless population would have been eradicated by now and all retail shopping would have ceased.

Apparently, only restaurants and bars and churches have the bug.

Even the Gov doesn't believe her own BS.

For those who may have originally missed my thread the following is the post I responded to which ultimately got me banned from the Henry RIfle forum!

To the people who aren't wearing masks. Why do you want to kill me? I am a vulnerable senior citizen. It is almost like premeditated murder. You know what the consequences could be for me and my wife but yet you still don't wear. Tell me again how your freedom equates to my death.

To which I responded:

Do you believe a non-mask wearer is premeditating his or her actions as a willful act with intent to kill you or anyone else?

Should a non-mask wearer be regarded as a mass murderer and be handled similarly and arrested, or if he or she does not give up willfully be shot and killed because they are a 'mass murderer'

How about this one - PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY - If you are so concerned about your personal safety then take steps to ENSURE you own safety and do NOT take a self righteous position and blame others for your unsubstantiated claims because one simply CHOOSES to not wear a mask they are unequivocally, Prima Facie intent on killing you of their own volition.

Your reasoning for this can essentially be applied to anything that invokes personal responsibility on any level.

Oh, and for the record - I think I am a 'Sr Citizen' as well at 61 YOA - However I am very different than most at my age as I do not look it, act it and my DR. tells me I have the body of a 30 year old in condition and health - and this has mostly been due to my own 'personal responsibility' - and not because of the actions of anyone or anything other than my own choices

Regardless if the victim being disabled or senior, I find it strange that people feel the need to attack others over words. When you do this, you only prove that you have no self control. Growing up, I have been picked on and bullied with words, until that one dude who thought it was okay to touch my guitar (I was holding it), then I lost it on him. But, words are just inventions, where an unwanted touch is invasion. There is seriously something wrong with people!

I don't wear a mask to protect me; I wear one to protect others.

The problem I see with the whole issue is that the science is all over the place and one could argue for or against masks using the same data as someone who holds the opposite view.

Masks reduce the possibility of infection by reducing the spread of droplets which contain the virus. But when you start dissecting infection rates, fatality rates, and looking at real world incidents, one could successfully argue that wearing a mask is little more than a placebo.

I stopped at small grocery store in a small logging town on my way to the woods for a camping trip. I forgot to wear my mask and walked in to grab some supplies. Nobody else in the entire place was wearing a mask. Not even the employees, which are all elderly ladies. Probably 15 customers and no one wearing masks.

In the WinCo 15 miles away, everybody was wearing a mask and falling over each other to avoid getting within 6'.

Yet, not a single case in the small town and dozens of cases in the larger town. :s0153:

My partner at work is in quarantine. We sit in a 10'x20' small room at opposite ends for 12 hour shifts.

On Friday the 31st, he took the day off to attend a family wedding. Someone there was infected and my partner's wife, his two sisters, and his dad all came down with it. He came to work the next day and we worked an entire shift together.

Within 4 days of the wedding, 4 cases were confirmed and he was put in quarantine. Nobody told me about it until I showed up for work last Thursday and he wasn't there. So I worked solo last week and will be solo this week.

Everybody wore masks at the wedding.

So who knows. I will wear one in public to make others feel better and to avoid self-righteous and panicked people confronting me and trying to escalate things.

Im a third party welding inspector. Im in and out of job sites and shops from Longview to eugene. No one wears a mask at any place ive been to in the last 4 month. No one reported case at any of these shops or job sites. Sign in, get your temp checked and carry on like normal.

If it was as hardcore as the MSM make it out to me. I would have got it. Im exposed to 100s of people, weekly if not daily. Work long hours. Eat fast food regularly. Lets not forget the heated "conversations" i regularly find myself in, since people fail to follow the contract documents.

Again. None of these places are reporting. Where are these reported positive cases coming from?

With the roits going on, portland "should" have a huge case load.

Wear a mask or go back to shutting down the economy? That is a no-brainer.
More like, if you have underlying conditions. Take steps to protect yourself. Everyone needs to wash there hands and not touch there face. The consequence of shutting down the economy are greater the china flu ever will be

I think in the spirit of the context of the thread and the subject matter; I think we can all agree that wearing a mask is the best way to avoid conflict no matter your views on their efficacy.

As proponents and practitioners of concealed carry, avoiding conflict is our greatest tool.

I think we can add mask wearing to the list of things that are best practices.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR