JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just received notice this morning that FLIR is poised to cut off the supply chain to it civilian market distributors, and of course to expect a scramble to buy what you can. I am curious if anyone has some intel since they are local and if this is another poorly controlled message like we saw from Colt, or perhaps something else? I don't see their stuff flying off the shelves, rather pricey.

:s0093:

Probably an economic decision. If anyone wanted to know whether agencies were trying to pressure FLIR to stop selling to civilians they could file public records requests with the agencies asking for communications between the agencies and FLIR.

I heard the same thing. They are based in Wilsonville, or at least were. Cool gadgets, REALLY EXPENSIVE.

Oh well.

I just received notice this morning that FLIR is poised to cut off the supply chain to it civilian market distributors, and of course to expect a scramble to buy what you can. I am curious if anyone has some intel since they are local and if this is another poorly controlled message like we saw from Colt, or perhaps something else? I don't see their stuff flying off the shelves, rather pricey.

:s0093:
I'm guessing that your statement that FLIR's products don't move is why they are stopping civilian products.
Midway is having a sale on some FLIR stuff
FLIR Scion Thermal Imaging Monocular - MidwayUSA

10% off and they are still crazy expensive

I'm guessing that your statement that FLIR's products don't move is why they are stopping civilian products.
Midway is having a sale on some FLIR stuff
FLIR Scion Thermal Imaging Monocular - MidwayUSA

10% off and they are still crazy expensive
They left a lot of meat on the bone even at the discount, which is just the new MAP. Looks like no one is panicing or worried so I will leave this be and go back to wrestling bolts that are way more interesting than remington.

Much the same with other manufactures that have a small stake in the civilian market for their whears that no one can afford!
Garmin is going through much the same, look at what a basic G3X touch goes for ( $12,000+) and see just how many folks are lined up at their gates to get one! I see much the same with FLIR, make a good product but price it WAY out of reach of the common man and then bubblegum because they are not selling...................................Go Figure!

Much the same with other manufactures that have a small stake in the civilian market for their whears that no one can afford!
Garmin is going through much the same, look at what a basic G3X touch goes for ( $34,000+) and see just how many folks are lined up at their gates to get one! I see much the same with FLIR, make a good product but price it WAY out of reach of the common man and then bubblegum because they are not selling...................................Go Figure!

This!

Completely out of my price range but I do agree it seems stupid to cut off to the populace.

Tbf tho thermal imaging is kinda meh...NOD's were far superior as we used them more. Even the fancier one that included FLIR tech weren't as common to us as PVS 14's.

The CROWS system on our MRAPS had this along with a front facing camera controlled via a stick. Driving at night with NOD's and turning corners using the FLIR to peak ahead while steering a wheel was fun....

Edit - Isn't there a company that makes a thermal gadget you can plug into your phone and use?, I swear my brother had something like it for his Iphone.

Completely out of my price range but I do agree it seems stupid to cut off to the populace.

Tbf tho thermal imaging is kinda meh...NOD's were far superior as we used them more. Even the fancier one that included FLIR tech weren't as common to us as PVS 14's.

The CROWS system on our MRAPS had this along with a front facing camera controlled via a stick. Driving at night with NOD's and turning corners using the FLIR to peak ahead while steering a wheel was fun....

Edit - Isn't there a company that makes a thermal gadget you can plug into your phone and use?, I swear my brother had something like it for his Iphone.
There is an "as seen on TV" binocular set that has "night vision"... and probably more as well.

I was right there is:

I know FLIR makes for phones to. They gonna cut those off as well or just the weapons mounted optics or military application optics?. My old roommate had one of those thermal optics you can mount to a picatinny. It was ok but its quality of image looked worse.

Lots of shooters here in yUK use TI night sights on their varminters. Mind you, there is only ONE predator, now that the Romans have killed the last bear before they left a while back, and the wolves have been gone since around 1500 or so. It's the fox, of course, responsible.

How many?

Be amazed, Folks -

In 1998, a study by the Ministry for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (now part of the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) calculated that each year 4 million lambs are lost at a cost of £120 million for the industry. Deaths due to all predators (i.e. not just foxes) and misadventures combined account for only 5% of this figure, whereas 95% is due to poor husbandry and a variety of management problems.

We seem to have lot of good stuff for not that much money, as well - Thermal Riflescopes

Last Edited:
Maybe once I get a decent salary position I'll look into the T20 series... :s0114:

Cool info about the livestock predation tho, thanks for sharing! :s0155:

It's purely a business move. It has nothing to do with politics and no one is strong arming FLIR to stop selling to the consumer. It sucks but what can you do?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top