JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Some good advice
From [email protected]

The Second Amendment is the lynchpin of our United States Constitution. I have strongly opposed any infringement on that unalienable right, including any expansion of the mandatory state background check system. I will not change that firm stance.

For the past four years, fourteen Senate Republicans and Senator Betsy Johnson (D) have maintained a 15 vote coalition that has prevented any anti-gun bills from moving through the state Senate. I was instrumental in establishing that coalition.

Two of the fourteen Senate Republicans were defeated in the November 4th election. Although I will continue to strenuously oppose anti-gun laws, our coalition no longer has the votes in the Senate to stop or in any way alter their passage.

May I suggest that you and fellow passionate defenders of the Second Amendment focus your attention on developing two more strong no votes from among the Senate Democrat Caucus?

Best regards,
Doug

Someone posted that letter yesterday in another thread. What would have been more helpful, in my opinion, would be if he had suggested a couple of names that might be worth talking to. He probably knows these folks better than any of us, and if he knows a few that may be able to be swayed, it would be nice to know that up front.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top