JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...e-exploded-man-critical-condition/7602002001/

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https://www...se-exploded-man-critical-condition/7602002001

"The man, who Dwyer said had an extensive criminal background involving weapons charges and manufacturing of explosive items, was under investigation prior to the explosion."

"The man, who Dwyer said had an extensive criminal background involving weapons charges and manufacturing of explosive items, was under investigation prior to the explosion."
"He's definitely building another explosive. Should we go in now, catch him in the act?"
"Hold up. It looks like he's got the detonator wired wrong. Let's see how this plays out."

💥 :eek: :s0001:😫

I could find it funny. Except that, some lawyer might just/will probably approach his family and urge them to file a lawsuit against the Police and State.

Yeah.....it's their fault for not preventing this tragedy.

Duh......
He has an extensive criminal record (even involving firearms and was even under investigation for a prior explosion). Rrrrrright........ So, he should have been prevented from getting a hold of explosive chemicals, etc.... and monitored closely.

The Police and State, FAILED him.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
1655164624423.png

Aloha, Mark

What're you gonna do? People who are into guns sometimes are into anything that goes Boom. Truth be told, over the years I've known a number of people who've had this fascination as well as with guns.

I wonder if the blown-up guy got his eyes blown up too. It sounds like he was pretty close to the blast, like working on it right in front of him. There are reasons that explosives are considered dangerous. Well, in this case, maybe the guy will turn out to be cured of his interest in the subject.

I guess some people will never take the words of others about the dangers of home improvised explosives. They need to C4 themselves.

(Sorry.. couldn't help it. :()

...It sounds like he was pretty close to the blast, like working on it right in front of him.
Obviously, not close enough.

Good teaching moment. "Anything worth doing is worth doing right." If it was only his hand, he obviously wasn't very commited to his task.🤣

But even with his injuries, "he said, "I have to go back in my dog is in there,"" Potiris added.

Police confirm the dog was able to get out safely and was later picked up by Eastpointe Police.
Dog was placed in witness protection prior to BATFE agents arriving at location of blast.

Dog is expected to survive thanks to quick thinking local officers. :s0006:🐶

Long ago, well before my current life of "retired leisure", I attended a training course for "forensic investigation of explosion crime scenes". Fascinating, and taught by two FBI agents who delighted in creating the "crime scenes" for their students to process. Yeah, laughing & whooping as they made real explosions for us, things like molotov cocktails, IEDs, and dynamite & C4 to blow surplus autos & trucks sky high. There were also more light-hearted high jinks like painting the bottom of a few classroom chair legs with a contact explosive while we were out on break. We all decided those guys were crazy even before one of 'em dropped trow and mooned the entire class. Happily, we saw only boxers with pink bunnies instead of pale cheeks.

Oh heck, I'm sorry, it seems I wandered a bit on my way to commenting that the explosive news story out of Warren reminded me of an FBI Field Training Class where I learned the official meaning of "one for our side".

Last Edited:
The sad part is that law abiding citizen's tax dollars undoubtedly paid for this smooth brain's medical treatment.
And, we (the taxpayers) will probably be on the hook for his possibly lifetime care. NO, it's not a joke......

Social Security Disability Insurance.

And, whatever else the generous Govt. (read as Taxpayers) will give to people like him.

BUT, But, but.........

It was an ACCIDENT!

Aloha, Mark

PS....this post is NOT meant to be divisive. It's meant as a gathering point. For like-minded taxpayers, who are angry at the amount of STUPID that we get stuck with.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top