JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Article is pretty short on details... not ready to canonize the decedent just yet.

Nice pic of the coppers on Casual Friday though. Maybe the uniforms were at the cleaners?

Why try to look like a professional law enforcement officer when you can look cool like Serpico, right?

Article is pretty short on details... not ready to canonize the decedent just yet.

Nice pic of the coppers on Casual Friday though. Maybe the uniforms were at the cleaners?

Why try to look like a professional law enforcement officer when you can look cool like Serpico, right?
?Gang unit, ?warrant unit, off duty/emergency call in. Any number of reasons to not "look" picture perfect.

Has no bearing, whatsoever on the gravity of the occurrence. One officer killed, one wounded. Quite tragic.

When I evaluate these situations, I ask myself did the shooter have a reasonable belief that the authorities were going take his freedom, his firearm or both? If the answer is yes than the shooter shared the same view as those who profess that the authorities can have their guns when they pry them from their cold dead hands.

We will all be criminals when we refuse to give them up when they come for them.

?Gang unit, ?warrant unit, off duty/emergency call in. Any number of reasons to not "look" picture perfect.

Has no bearing, whatsoever on the gravity of the occurrence. One officer killed, one wounded. Quite tragic.
Any reason that law enforcement cant look like professionals when serving a warrant to search a citizen's home?
That's not anti-cop rhetoric. It's a matter of respect for the citizens, even suspected creeps. Look like a pro, act like a pro. Treat people with respect and (this is the important part... ) be treated with respect.

I grew up in a law enforcement family. My own aspirations were towards LE and the reason I joined the Marines. The Marines were also the reason l changed my mind about a LE career. I see the apalling disrespect coming from creeps and criminals towards LE, but I'm not blind to the (oftentimes) passive aggressive return of same from the Thin Blue Line.

But you're right, it has no bearing on this story at all except with regards to the accompanying photo.

1) As in any "gun violence" related "news" don't expect any accurate information for at least 48 hours.
Was this just a generic dobad who was stupid enough to shoot at the cops when they showed up to pop him for some mundane crime like burglary, FTA, etc.? Hard to see it as "hero patriot dies in last desperate stand for FREEDOM."

2) "When I evaluate these situations, I ask myself did the shooter have a reasonable belief that the authorities were going take his freedom, his firearm or both?"
Serving a warrant is by definition a visit to take his guns, freedom, or both.

3) If you're going to shoot at the cops you had better be absolutely sure that this is the hill you're willing to die on - literally.

I agree - especially when the article did NOT mention what the 'warrant' was about - and was most likely NOT a gun related issue.
When the articles are written about the "patriot going out in blaze of glory", it will look like all these other articles. Only the dead patriot will know the difference.

Any word on what the warrant was for? I haven't seen anything along those lines.
Apparently a some really enjoy jumping to conclusions. It's a bit like the left pulling "facts" out of their A$$ to support a specific narrative. I won't throw any judgment or support until the verified facts are revealed. For all we know the dude is a piece of $hit who killed cops who now have families who are without a loved one.

Apparently a some really enjoy jumping to conclusions. It's a bit like the left pulling "facts" out of their A$$ to support a specific narrative. I won't throw any judgment or support until the verified facts are revealed. For all we know the dude is a piece of $hit who killed cops who now have families who are without a loved one.
Why do you think a person who kills law enforcement in an attempt to keep his firearms from being confiscated is going to be viewed any differently?

How do you know that? He was a murderer at the end, not a patriot? Do you have knowledge of this situation that we don't? Please share.
I never called him a patriot. He is just a person whot shot at the cops to me and the general public. A "patriot" will just be a person who shot at the cops as well.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top