JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why was he handing a loaded gun to someone else? Geez, careless and stupid.

Probably one of the same idiots I've seen on Youtube handing their wife/gf the biggest rifle/shotgun/handgun and record them falling over or worse from the recoil and laughing like crazy. Yeah, real funny.

Probably one of the same idiots I've seen on Youtube handing their wife/gf the biggest rifle/shotgun/handgun and record them falling over or worse from the recoil and laughing like crazy. Yeah, real funny.
This is one of my wife's biggest problems, and exactly, think about it, how stupid and irresponsible is it, to hand a new shooter something that could potentially cause a massive problem, and also put them off firearms for life! :( :mad:

I've told this before somewhere - Dad's buddy handed him a loaded shotgun and he pulled the trigger with pointed at the ceiling and put a shot thru the roof.

Dad's friend, stupid for handing him a loaded shotgun.

Dad stupid but lucky for not checking for clear but at least kept it pointed in a safe direction.

Things happen but basic safety saved everyone involved.

I get the idea that maybe he wanted to play show and tell with his new gun , and even compare with his carry gun .
But DAMN! do that at home , with your gun UNLOADED!

I dislike sounding selfish , but crap like this does nothing to further the cause for concealed carry and gun rights in general.

Again as I said in my first post I hope his wife gets out of this alive and well.
Andy

I've told this before somewhere - Dad's buddy handed him a loaded shotgun and he pulled the trigger with pointed at the ceiling and put a shot thru the roof.

Dad stupid but lucky for not checking for clear but at least kept it pointed in a safe direction.

I saw this happen as a kid after bird hunting with my Uncle and friends of his. Walked in friends house. Uncles buddy handed his kid his shotgun, an auto. Kid pulls trigger and blows neat hole in top of huge plate glass window. Father "thought" gun was empty for drive home. Kid should have known better. ALL of us learned to be a little more careful. ;-)

this reminds me of Merlin Oregon gunshow i was attending a few years ago… A vendor with a table, inside not more than 20 feet from me, negligently discharged a round into the concrete floor and shrapnel hit a guy sitting next to him. 2 most dangerous places… a gunshow and a gun shop..

Reminds me of something I did 40+ years ago and still regret to this day. I had recently bought my Girl Friend, now Wife a S&W Model 13-3 (still have it) and she was not only very accurate with it but also perfectly happy shooting 38 specials in it. I tried on several occasions to convince her to at least "try" just one 357round and even fired a few for her but she just wasn't interested. I'm sure you can guess what I did.............I slipped her one while she was changing out targets............luckily for me she was taught to shoot at an early age and also that the 357 was her last shot, I'd never seen her really angry before that.........she's never let me load another pistol for her...........I was 19, stupid and as I said I regret it to this very day.

He should be more gun savvy!:rolleyes:

He should be more gun savvy!:rolleyes:

A damn Texan that doesn't think the world needs guns and no more then 10 round mags :oops:... We avoid talking about guns because it always ends up an argument that ends with him saying "No one needs anything more then a double barrel 12ga loaded with buckshot..."

Makes my blood boil that he won't listen to reasonable arguments.

I understand the "why" or "need" of zip ties at a show.
But I can't count the number of times I have brought a gun to a show , had it zip tied at the entrance , then after the first guy wants to look down the bore or try the action , go through the rest of the show with no zip tie.
Andy

Seeing as the media comes out with every negligent discharge of a fire arm story they can find, I find my self reading part of the story, if I bother to read at all, and feeling"Meh". MY personal feeling any more is, there's a lot of dumb/careless people out there boys and girls! Every day there are many, many more people doing dumb careless thing in cars and killing people.....Walking in front of moving cars and dying....Falling off cliffs.....And all the dumb stuff people do while under the influence of intoxicants, OH BOY! That's a big one for taking people out right there, isn't it?

I guess all we can really do is to keep preaching the four basic rules of gun safety isn't it, because I've heard that "You can't fix stupid!", and am reminded of that any day I read/watch news!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top